WnSoft Forums

Normandie 2004

Adri van O

Hi all,

I have uploaded my latest PTE presentation which I created from pictures which I took during a visit to Normandie and the landing beaches in may 2004.

I am curious about you thoughts from this presentation.

Regards,

Adri

• 4 weeks later...

:) Hello All,

so many downloads, doesn't anybody have any thoughts about this presentation, I would like to learn from it and make next presentations better.

Regards,

Adri

Hi Adri

I replied to your question about Oradour earlier and commented there on your Normandie presentation.

I thought it showed some of the emotion visitors get from seeing both the memorials and the way the people of Normady still show their appreciation for the courage and sacrifice made by the allies during the invasion - also the courage of the German forces too in may ways.

I visited the beaches just two months after you, Adri, shortly after the 60th anniversary of the landings and found it a life-changing experience. Having shot over 3,000 images in just a week I have since put together a 35min av which has been seen by many and has not failed to move its viewers.

The only criticism I have with your presentation is the use of the memorials slightly out of context - several fading into scenes which were not connected with them. Also maybe the music was a little predictable. Overall though, the show gives a strong hint of the depth of feeling in the area and how it obviously had a humbling effect on yourself. I went to Normandy as a visitor and came away as a pilgrim.

Congratulations !

DEN (NE UK)

• 1 month later...

Hi Adri

I replied to your question about Oradour earlier and commented there on your Normandie presentation.

I thought it showed some of the emotion visitors get from seeing both the memorials and the way the people of Normady still show their appreciation for the courage and sacrifice made by the allies during the invasion - also the courage of the German forces too in may ways.

I visited the beaches just two months after you, Adri, shortly after the 60th anniversary of the landings and found it a life-changing experience. Having shot over 3,000 images in just a week I have since put together a 35min av which has been seen by many and has not failed to move its viewers.

The only criticism I have with your presentation is the use of the memorials slightly out of context - several fading into scenes which were not connected with them. Also maybe the music was a little predictable. Overall though, the show gives a strong hint of the depth of feeling in the area and how it obviously had a humbling effect on yourself. I went to Normandy as a visitor and came away as a pilgrim.

Congratulations !

DEN (NE UK)

Where Normandie 2004 can be dl

robert

Robert

I'm certain I dl from Beechbrook but having just looked - it seems to have gone !

Adri has not responded to either of my comments to his posts, so I wonder whether he is still looking in at the forum from time to time. It's a pity that there was no general feedback to his presentaion which I felt expressed the emotion of the Normandy landing sites very well.

Let's hope someone can point to where the show can be found again - Adri, Bill?

DEN (NE UK)

Robert

I'm certain I dl from Beechbrook but having just looked - it seems to have gone !

Adri has not responded to either of my comments to his posts, so I wonder whether he is still looking in at the forum from time to time. It's a pity that there was no general feedback to his presentaion which I felt expressed the emotion of the Normandy landing sites very well.

Let's hope someone can point to where the show can be found again - Adri, Bill?

DEN (NE UK)

Normandie 2004 was removed from beechbrook.com because of the 30 day rule. I would suggest anyone wishing a copy of the presentation contact Ken Cox here on the forum. Ken seems to maintain quite an archive of PTE presentations.

Kind regards,

Bill :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I haven''t been on the site for a long time, if anyone likes to see the presentation again maybe I can upload it again to Beechbrook cottage ??

Adri