WnSoft Forums

Please HELP, I can't figure out how to synch songs w/ slideshow

I have three songs that I would like to play throughout a slide show w/ approx 120 slides.

I have read the tutorial, and call me dumb, but I just cannot figure it out?

Please help!

There are various answers to this question depending on what you are trying to achieve. The first requirement is to insert all three songs into a sound editor and arrange them so that they play as one continuous sound track. The free sound editor Audacity can be used to do this. Basically you load each song in turn to a separate track in the editor, arrange their order so that they play in sucession and then export a merged down version as a sound file which you insert into PTE using the Project Options, Music tab. Then add all your slides, click on the Timeline button and select "Timed Points", "Arrange All Points". This will set your slides to equal time intervals so that they exactly match then length of the music file you have created.

There is a guide to using the timeline called "PTE Timeline Guide" which you can find here :

http://www.bishopthorpe-camera-club.com/Re...s/resources.htm

There are lots of other ways to achieve synchronisation but it is difficult to cover them in this quick reply.

Hope this will give you a few idead to get you started.

Jeff

as suggested use AUDACITY to make one long track when you,ve set this track as your music click on the TIMELINE box and then the WAVEFORM box and then you can set your slides to display at any moment you want

just checked it out you don,t need to make a long track as you can add multiple tracks to your slideshow in the PROJECT OPTIONS box MUSIC tab also you arrange the order you want them in using the UP/DOWN buttons once you,ve highlighted the particular track.

I Don,t think that you can edit the tracks in Waveform though.