WnSoft Forums

Is it possible to put a dvd show and exe show on same DVD?

markoc398

markoc398

As Tom has mentioned

There is a way and I have also done with Nero Burning Rom, for personal archiving, but you need to have a DVD burner / reader to access the .EXE from the DVD disk.

This method would require ALL your clients to have a DVD reader on their computer !.

Another way is

If you burn your shows as MPEG-2, then the client needs a DVD player that supports MPEG-2 format. ( most newer DVD player do support )

The MPEG-2 can be burned to a CD and the .EXE can be added

The DVD player would play the created MPEG-2 and the .EXE can now be accessed with the CD-ROM, which most computers would have, and preferably copied to the hard drive.

This method is all well depending on your show size and if it will all fit on a CD-R

When dealing with many clients.

The common practice to be able to run on any standard DVD players would be to use a software that creates a Video_TS folder, then burn the files in this folder but this again requires a DVD disk

You might be best to give them 2 disks a DVD and the .EXE on CD to run in their CD-Rom drive or best copy to hard drive.

By the way – nice web site.

Thanks all for the suggestions and links. So I'm guessing that when I click on the make video link on p2e I am supposed to write the show to a folder instead of a dvd, then add my p2e show to it, then burn the entire folder to dvd. Can I also add autorun, a readme file, and a p2e menu of choices to this folder also? If its inserted in a computer with a dvd drive, will it use the autorun and start the .exe file, but if its put in a tv dvd player will it run the dvd version and the dvd menu that nero creates?

I just want to make it as versatile as possible for the client.

Markoc,

As Ken says, you first have to follow the normal procedure for burning a video onto the DVD (i.e. temporary AVI file in PTE, then use of another video program to take that AVI file and either burn it in video mode onto the DVD, or else make an interim mpeg video file on your HD, and then later transfer to DVD - again using a special video program such as Ulead, Nero, Premiere Elements, Pinnacle, etc.). For more information on this process, read through the pinned thread initiated by Igor at the top of this section.

Once the DVD has been "burned", then you can copy other files onto it using your DVD disk drive. However, the "autorun" feature might cause problems as it might conflict with the autorun capability inherent in the video files on the DVD. Also, as Ken says, the DVD would only be viewable in a DVD player (for the video files), and/or a DVD drive on a pc (for the PTE files).

If you want others to be able to view the show on their pc's without DVD drives, you could create an SVCD instead of a DVD (this option is available in PTE's video mode), and as Ken says, burn it to a CD (using a video program like the ones mentioned above), and then copy the PTE "exe" file and/or any separate images onto any free space that remains on the CD.

Hope this hasn't made the subject more confusing. Best of luck :)

I have created a DVD disc which includes the Video_TS folder files and an .INF ( Autorun file ) also a .EXE – PTE show.

However due to the fact it is a DVD disk it does require a DVD burner / reader on the computer and Windows did start the .INF file first to play the .EXE.

The DVD player does read the Video files and play fine on the DVD player, including a DVD menu.

I used Nero Burning Rom.

If you were wanting to use the CD-Rom on computer, the same should apply but creating your PTE show as an MPEG-2 file and writing as a CD-R Data file which would include the .INF ( autorun file ) and .EXE.

Your client now would require a DVD player that supports MPEG-2 format. ( most newer player do )

It will not autostart, but show up on the DVD player menu.

As Al and Ken have mentioned another is SVCD depending on the format the DVD player will play.

This I have not tried as of yet.

I will have to repeat again the DVD method to further explain in detail how I accomplished.

Do you have the full version of Nero, which includes Nero Vision & the Nero Burning Rom ?.

markoc398

( using Nero full version )

Discription of proceedure Creating a DVD disc and adding an ( autorun.inf ) file and a PTE show .EXE to same disk, as to be able to run on TV DVD player or the .EXE show on Computer DVD burner/reader.

Create PTE show – Save as & Create as. ( use no spaces in file name – under score can be used )

Click Video – DVD – Create AVI ( save as a .temp .Avi file to folder of your choice.)

Minimize PTE – do not close

Create a “ Autorun.INF

Open Nero Vision

Locate and add temp .AVI file created by PTE

Click " Next " to advance to Menu page ( Optional settings for background – buttons – etc )

( click " More " at bottom for more options )

Proceed to Burn Page

Choose “ Write to Hard Drive Folder “ ( choose a folder )

Click " Write "

This has created a Video_TS folder with files inside as .INF - .VOB - .BUP

( make sure your PTE show was saved & created as ) - then PTE can be closed.

Place a blank DVD into burner

Open Nero Burning Rom

Choose " DVD Video "

Click " NEW "

Locate the saved Video_TS folder and click to open

Drag all 6 files to left side into the “ NAME “ column

In the “ File Browser “ column locate your .EXE file and drag to “ Name “ column.

Also browse to locate your “ Autorun.INF file “ and also drag into “ Name “ column.

At top of Burning Rom page click “ Burn “ – box should open – click " Burn "

When done – remove DVD disk and shut down Nero Burning Rom.

Remove DVD.

When inserted into the computer DVD burner, the .EXE show will autorun.

When placed into DVD player it will autoload the Nero Menu with choice of shows.