WnSoft Forums

Error message while converting to .avi

Esben

"Access violation at adress 00533228 in module 'apr.exe'. Read of adress 0000000"

I cant even close the PTE Window anymore. Only logout from my session (I am not the admin on the PC) helps.

Any suggestions?

Thx,

Sven

Sven,

As I was replying to Lumenlux and Maureen your Posting caught my eye...

'Access Violation' usually means you have left something 'open' in the PTE Program or you 'omitted' to complete a 'called command' such as installing an Audio file in a location you had chosen but the source of the Audio file is no longer available. Perhaps you were trying to open a File that was already open, then abandoned the Program ?

When you reopen PTE again look at the bottom 'Taskbar' on your Monitor and RH.Clk each Logo and select Exit for each, this usually shuts down anything that was left open. If this doesn't work you will have to open the PTE.Job you were working on and systematically go through the Images & Audio files and find the missing entry.

Alternatively go into 'Task Manager' (RH.Clk the Clock Time) and find Task Manager-->Application--> and what's open and "End" it from there.

Brian.Conflow.

Sven,

Alternatively go into 'Task Manager' (RH.Clk the Clock Time) and find Task Manager-->Application--> and what's open and "End" it from there.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

thx for the quick reply, however, it is very strange, I cant even see the applicaion in the Task Manager once the Error occured. Thats why I said I need to shut down the the whole session on the computer.

However, trying as Admin (changed the use profile) I had no problems creating videos frpm PTE.

There is nothing wrong with missing files in the proect or so, I tried serval pte projects.

So long,

Sven

Sven,

Sometimes the application is listed under the name of the slideshow you are trying to run.

Also, check to make sure all the files used in Project Options are in fact where they are supposed to be. If not, this can cause the whole system to lock up.

Al and Sven

Al, Thanks for that 'Tip' thats gone into my 'Tips Journal'

You know, that problem with Sven's AVI has me 'foxed' ~ The System is saying that he called a function at that Address No:533228 and having Read the Location it returned:000000, which means there's nothing there to return, so the Program is hanging.

It could be that there's:- Nothing there, or it can't be Read (unidentified File) or an Illegal File Name (with symbol *+/"^# etc).

Your longer engaged in the PTE.Program than I am, and perhaps you have come across something like the above in your PTE.Travels ?

I know for a fact ~ that in the past ~ I had a similar problem and for the life of me I can't remember how I resolved it ?

Have you any ideas.....

Brian.

Anytime I've had or heard of that type of error, it's been caused by a missing file (either music or image, and either from the slide list or a missing object file.

And whenever I've opened the object editor and found that an object file had been deleted or moved to a different location, the whole system locked up.

Anytime I've had or heard of that type of error, it's been caused by a missing file (either music or image, and either from the slide list or a missing object file.

And whenever I've opened the object editor and found that an object file had been deleted or moved to a different location, the whole system locked up.

Yes Al,

I completely agree with your synopsis, that's my thinking also, and on occassion I have 'Illegally Named' a File and kicked myself afterwards !

Sven,

Its really up to yourself to methodically 'trawl' through the 'Slide List' and in particular look for "Image Files of 1.Kilobit" ~ that indicates a misplaced Image. Also take note of Als' suggestion about the 'Object Editor' and misplaced 'objects'. Now speaking for myself there is little more I can suggest except that you take particular note of Al's comments ~ He does know this Program backwards !

Brian.Conflow.