WnSoft Forums

Hot keys? Panning & scrooling availability?

tclune

I am a new customer. I find that the things I want to do are generally quite easy to achieve with this application. I am creating a full-screen slideshow of a recent vacation. I edit my images in PhotoShop, so the main support that P2E provides on this score is the ability to automatically scale different size and aspect ratio images to the screen (a very nice feature that I did not find in most other apps, btw -- using full-screen, whatever it may be, and scaling an arbitrary input image to it were two of the features that drew me to your app). I am creating and mixing the sound track in SoundForge, so I don't need a lot of capability on that score from P2E. The ability to set the transition points from the timeline is easy and (dare i say) intuitive.

So far, there are only two things that I would like to include that I have been unable to find:

1. I don't want to clutter up the display with control buttons, but it would be nice if the user could, e.g., press the space bar to toggle between pause and play while viewing the slide show. I am quite content to explain the controls separately from the slide show itself, but I can't find any discussion of hot key-style flow control for the application. Is it possible to add such control without inserting any visible button or the like into the app?

2. There are a few slides that would be ideal for panning and scrolling or zooming in and out. I gather that this capability will be added in version 5 of P2E. Is there any public information on when I might be able to gain access to that version? I would be more than happy to function as a beta tester. I am a professional software developer, and am able to provide more coherent feedback on problems than, "It didn't work." Of course, once I have produced my slide show, I will have no further interest in participating in the beta-testing process. But, for the next month or so, I would be very interested in the opportunity to exchange my services for access to the forthcoming functionality.

--Tom Clune, tclune@ieee.org

Tom,

Welcome to the Forum! Good to have another IT person around when we need one! :)

I agree that it would be nice to be able to toggle the space bar to pause and start a show - this has been suggested a couple of times in the past. Maybe in Version 5?? In the meantime, it is possible to "program" the mouse buttons to pause and/or advance one's show (not someone elses', however, if they have not implemented that capability into their show). And, the "pause" function toggles in that the next time you call it, it de-activates the pause command.

Re the new version, it usually comes out first as a "Beta" version, and we will all have a crack at testing it and making suggestions.

Welcome Tom,

You may already know this but under Project Options (Main), if you check the box for under show settings to permit the control of show you can pause, forward, backup, and resume the show with the pause key and left and right arrow keys as well as ESC the show. I always enable this feature when I create a show. The <pause> key isn't as nice as the space bar as you have to search for it on your keyboard...but it works after the slide transition ends. The <F1> key will pause the show and bring up a help that explains the control keys. Sometimes at the start of a show I put up a message that tells the user to depress F1 for help.

ken

:unsure:

Welcome Tom,

You may already know this but under Project Options (Main), if you check the box for under show settings to permit the control of show you can pause, forward, backup, and resume the show with the pause key and left and right arrow keys as well as ESC the show. I always enable this feature when I create a show. The <pause> key isn't as nice as the space bar as you have to search for it on your keyboard...but it works after the slide transition ends. The <F1> key will pause the show and bring up a help that explains the control keys. Sometimes at the start of a show I put up a message that tells the user to depress F1 for help.

ken

:unsure:

Hi, Ken.

No, I hadn't picked up on that control. It is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

--Tom Clune