WnSoft Forums

One show or an exe file for each segment?

LigiaD

I understand that it would be easier, if the slide show consists of for example 10 segments, to create an exe file for each segment. Music wise it would also be a lot easier for a novice like me to synchronize the music for each segment separately; instead of stiching 45 minutes of music together.

How could the exe segments be stitched together so that there is a smooth transition between them? I watched one of the examples from Beechbrook that uses this procedure.

PS: The title for the slide show is looking good. I created an effect using several layers. It already has a professional look! :D

I understand that it would be easier, if the slide show consists of for example 10 segments, to create an exe file for each segment. Music wise it would also be a lot easier for a novice like me to synchronize the music for each segment separately; instead of stiching 45 minutes of music together.

How could the exe segments be stitched together so that there is a smooth transition between them? I watched one of the examples from Beechbrook that uses this procedure.

PS: The title for the slide show is looking good. I created an effect using several layers. It already has a professional look! :D

LiquiaD

Yes I agree with you ~ I have done that 'seamlessly' many times with great success.

In my situation(s) I am running a 'primary' PTE.Show then as an option the Viewer can press a Button and jump to a 'secondary' Show which when finished jumps back into the 'primary' Show and continues on.

In one instance I was doing a Holiday Promotion on Bavaria. In this Production there were '10 Jumps' each of which was a side Attraction and in one such 'side-show' I had an Automated URL Page ~ yes an 'Automated URL Page' where one could pre-book Airlines and Trains and Hotels ~ and then jump back into the PTE.Show and continue on to the next chapter of the PTE.Show.

With this particular PTE.Show I was able to demonstrate 'Bavarian Menus' and show 'Railway Routes & Timetables' along with pre-selected Hotels ALL with their own "Live On-Line" direct Button access. THIS WITHOUT A WEB SITE

Yes it took a bit of Code to do that, but it would be nice if PTE had a selection of 'Exe Pointers' to point to external Programs and auto-run them and then return to the main PTE.Show.

Now PTE becomes dynamic and "Interactive"

Nice idea....

Brian.Conflow.

Ligia,

You're on the right track.

The steps for setting up separate presentation shows, all referenced by a menu show are as follows:

Create the separate presentation show ".exe" files first. Make sure you choose the option "Project Options / Close show after last slide" for each show.

Create the menu show. Choose the option "POptions / When show ends keep last slide in show on screen" and create buttons in "Object Editor", each of which has "Properties / Action on mouse click / Run application or open file" and input the name of the presentation show (".exe file") that you want that button to start up.

There is another variant to this method which involves manually changing the slide-show ".pte" file for each presentation show in order to have background music playing when the "menu" show is "on", but we won't go there yet. :)