WnSoft Forums

resize and sorting

theo

I want to resize an old PtE show (800x600) slides into 1024x768 size in a new windowmap.

If I do so (I.e. Batch with Photoshop), the result in size is ok bud the slideshow ordering is gone!

What I need to do is to resize the "Slide list"and NOT the "File list". Because PtE will numbering the slides in the slide list with 1 to x.

Is this posible?

rgds - Theo

I want to resize an old PtE show (800x600) slides into 1024x768 size in a new windowmap.

If I do so (I.e. Batch with Photoshop), the result in size is ok bud the slideshow ordering is gone!

What I need to do is to resize the "Slide list"and NOT the "File list". Because PtE will numbering the slides in the slide list with 1 to x.

Is this posible?

rgds - Theo

As I undestand it, you had a number of slides, say numbered 1 to 10. Each sldie was 800 x 600. You then applied a batch process using Photoshop to chamge the size to 1024 x 768. This should not have changed the file names, unless that was part of the batch process. In PTE, if you have a slide in the file listing which is then added to the slide listing window, changing the slide parameters results in these changing in the slide listing, since this is just a link to the original file. Thus the order of slides in the slide listing in PTE can only have changed if you changed the original file names.

Repeat the process, making sure you do not change the original file names in the bacth process. You cannot change anything in the PTE slide listing without changing the original flile parameters.

Jeff

I will NOT change slide names, only sizes, that's wy I need a 2nd windowmap for the resized new slides.

The used slides for the PtE show are comming from different locations of the HD, with no usable names (like 99x, sun up, beast5 etc ect. The correct ordering is only in the PtE slide list, i.e 1.beast5, 2.sun up, 3.99x, 4 etc etc etc.

So If I rezise the mapslides to an other windowmap I have lost my PtE numebering 1,2,3,4 etc etc. I have to reorder the 2000 (!) slides again.

I was also thinking to rename the PtE slide in the slide map, (1, 2, 3 etc) that's ok for me. Bud is this posible?

rgds - theo

No Theo, it is not possible to rename the slides in the slide list window becasue these images are just linked to the original file. If you click on a slide in the slide list window, you will see under the information box marked "Show Image", details of the path to the file of the original image.

What you normally should do is to collect all the files you need for a show into a single directory and use this directory for all the information required for the show, including any sound files. Unfortunately I have just checked and, if you rename a slide, the slide in the slide list becomes unavailable. so I am afraid you will need to re-order your slides in the show.

Jeff

Theo,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure how you managed a batch re-sizing on slides coming from a lot of different folders. However, assuming that you found a way to do it, then all you have to do to preserve the order in the slide list is to temporarily rename the original folder(s) to "my_folder.old" or something like that, and rename the new folder(s) to the same name as the original folders. The batch-resized slides should then appear in the same order in the slide list.

However, it is best, as Jeff says, to first collect all your images in one folder, not only to preserve the slide order, but also so you can still find the slides after a period of time when you may have made changes to the original folders and their locations, and suddenly find that you can no longer open your original project.

If you create a "template" once your slide show is complete, you will collect all your project files, including copies of the images, into a single "template" folder (located where your PTE program was installed.) Save this, and you will still be able to open your PTE project. :)

Is this posible?

rgds - Theo

Theo,

You might like to look at a "New Topic" ~ Automatic Picture Resizer, which may answer your Problem.

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Brian.

I'm using BreezeBrowser for that kind of work for a long time.

It does not solve my problem, beacause I can't resize the "slidemap - ordered" images, only the "mapimages" as we know (and Jeff confirmed it also).

I think it is usefull to think for a future sollution becaus all the images ready for 1024x768 beamer pressentation are shown in some time on 1600 or even more pixel beamers.

As I understand with the PtE5 this wil be no problem any more because you can use 2000 pix slides, but what to do with the slide shows from now and last year?

Rational thinking: The PtE slide map sorting must be the basic renaming, starting with your RAW's and that's not easy I think.

rgds - theo

RESIZING IMAGES

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you ~ I have been 'Resizing' smaller images from 640x480 to 1024x768 WITHIN the .pte File for the past 18 months without problems.

The .pte File in this case being the Master Composition in the 'Main Program Window' distinct from the Slide List on the Left Side of the Screen.

A "Trick" is used in the process where by PTE is intelligent enough to 'recognise' differences in 'Photo File extensions' even those of the same format such as Jpegs and Gif's. That intelligence is uses here.

The "Attachment" will describe the process in detail and is fully illustrated and if you want copy Exe's just Mail me.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1148423354_thumb.jpg