WnSoft Forums

Versions 4.0 and 5.0

ronwil

For my slideshows I always produce an introductory sequence ending with a final image under which there are hidden buttons to open my various sequences. For this in Version 4.0 I use the Object Editor. This facility is not available as yet in Version 5.0. In 5.0, as one of my experiments, I have produced already an introductory sequence for my camera club Chairman's Evening next week, using the "Medallion" idea. With the release of 5.0 Beta #3 and the facility to "Close show after last slide" I had to think of how could I combine the two versions. My answer - Start with a background in Version 4.0, set to keep last slide on screen. Using the Version 4.0 Object Editor place a hidden button say in the top right hand corner of the background set to run the Version 5.0 Introductory sequence. On completion of the introduction it will return to the background and the show could be opened up using the same method by clicking on another invisible button, say in the bottom left hand corner.

Ron [uK]

• 3 weeks later...

Extracting from the topic on curtains

Further to my earlier postings, I have completed successfully the foundations for Sutton Camera Club AV Group Autumn presentation using a combination of Versions 5.0 and 4.0

I first prepared an opening sequence of pans, zooms and rotate in 5.0, finishing on the slide in which I wished to place the invisible buttons in Version 4.0 Object Editor.

In 4.0 (4.47 to be precise) I started with a Blank slide, which I customised as follows:

Main>Advanced Options>Run external application and inserted the name of the *.exe file, which I had prepared in 5.0.

My next and final slide is the same as the last slide in the 5.0 sequence. The Version 4.0 project is set to “keep the last slide on the screen when the show ends” and to “Auto hide mouse …”. Already using Object Editor I have inserted invisible buttons under two of the portraits (below) and called up their individual sequences using “Run application …”.

So, at this point in time, it would be possible to use the curtain sequence in the same way, until such time as the necessary object editor facilities are added in 5.0.

As requested I have provided access to my working folder on my website www.ronwil.statacom.net Go to the Lnks page where I have replaced my "HMS Gloucester" link with one for "SCC AV 2006" represented by the thumbnail below. Click on the thumbnail to download the folder, which has been zipped using WinZip Self Extractor.

Once unzipped, open the folder "SCC AV 2006 to Web". Ignore the two *.exe files and the 06 icon but open the folder "SCC AV Intro 2006". Click on the efault icon for SCC AV Group 06.exe and the intro should run finally ending in a rapid rotation to the final image as illustrated below. Now position your mouse cursor on either of the two portraits at 10 or 11 o'clock to open the sequence by that member.

I hope it works

Ron [uK]

post-8-1152569486_thumb.jpg

Ron

the cursor is "live " on you and the man at 11:00 but will not do anything

if anybody alse is clicked or anywhere on the final display the presentation ends and goes to the working folder

otherwise ya really got them moving:)

great start

ken

Ken

the cursor is "live " on you and the man at 11:00 but will not do anything

In the folder ” SCC AV 2006 to Web “ copy / paste the two “ .EXE’s ” Cornwall2.exe & Landscapes2.exe into the folder “ SCC AV Intro 2006 “.

Click “ SCC AV Group 06.exe “ to execute the version 5 menu intro.

The 2 live links to the shows should then work.

It may take the mouse cursor 2 - 3 seconds to appear

Ron

As requested I have provided access to my working folder

It appears 2 files were missing or named wrong ?, IntroBlank.jpg & Invisable.jpg

Ron

I hope it works

Correct me if I am wrong above - otherwise it works & looks great – Ron

Thanks for posting.

Ken

Thanks for watching and your comments. Only two of the members currently have finished their sequences, so as I say this is the foundation for the Intro. Eventually all portraits will be covered, plus the centre of the logo for a combined Group presentation. Whether or not I will alter the mouse response currently at Exit for the uncovered areas I will have to decide, but thanks for noting that. See also my response to Hawk below

Hawk

Sorry about the various hiccups. I said originally, when asked to make my workings available, that the whole was rather complex and that I would have to whittle it down. In my whittling I failed to start at the roots and hence the missing bits and pieces. I have re-worked the whole thing and amended my website accordingly, but even now I notice I have omitted the "invisible.jpg" although it doesn't affect the final working. Also the icon for SCC AV Group 06.exe is now the default and not 06.

The folder is now 132 Mb and it took 45 minutes to upload, so I will leave it a few days before I make any further corrections. It took just over 3 minutes to download on my Broadband connection.

Thanks to you both again

Ron [uK]

Ron

the only way we are going to help Igor in the beta testing is to have as many members as we can test these demo's -- and if we dont test the demo's how is the author going to know whether it works for everybody

Ron West and I spent the better part of 3 hrs talking thru his Organiser show on MSN and eventually we got it to work -- i have no experience with buttons so it was the "blind leading the blind" but eventually we saw our way thru

am downloading your latest now and will report back -- coming nearly full bore @ 114 kb/sec

ken

As requested I have provided access to my working folder on my website www.ronwil.statacom.net Go to the Lnks page where I have replaced my "HMS Gloucester" link with one for "SCC AV 2006" represented by the thumbnail below. Click on the thumbnail to download the folder, which has been zipped using WinZip Self Extractor.

I'm confused - just can't find this at all. Is it me????

So sorry that you are experiencing a problem Roger, but I don't know how I can help other than to repeat

1. Open my website www.ronwil.statacom.net

2. Go to my Links page

3. Towards bottom left there is a thumbnail of AV Group members around the Club logo. Click on that to download the self extracting Zip file.

4. Once you have the folder downloaded open it.

5. Inside click on the icon for SCC AV Group 06.exe and the intro should run.

6. Finally when the first part finishes after the rapid spin run your mouse over my portrait at 10 o'clock or Mike's at 11 o'clock and the arrow should change to a hand, click and the chosen sequence will start.

Good Luck

Ron [uK]

Roger

http://www.ronwil.statacom.net/

bottom left --links

http://www.ronwil.statacom.net/page6.html

bottom left

the double click the icon above the site meter and download will start

when you get it downloaded and unzipped you may need some more help

ken

It would be great if I could only open it, but the size is beyond me, as i only have a dial up connection.

How about a tutorial?

in pdf is it possible.

Thank you

Welcome Royo, sorry you have been unable to download my intro. I was asked by forum members to make my whole working file available and hence its size.

Regretfully, I am unable to produce a tutorial, particularly and hopefully as my efforts may be overtaken with PTE 5.0 beta #4 in a few weeks, which could bring the extra features of Object Editor into play. I did include an outline of my method in my earlier posting on 10 July.

The full sequence involved a considerable amount of intricate work in Photoshop on a number of images and saving them in *.png format for use in PTE 5.0., so you may understand that a tutorial is out of the question.

Good luck

Ron [uK]

• 1 month later...

I have added two more sequences to the project at one o'clock and six o'clock. The folder is now 90Mb but the *.zip took only 3 minutes to download on fast Broadband.

The Group sequence and three individual sequences are in the pipeline but two others are hanging in the balance.

Ron [uK]