WnSoft Forums

Saving PTE 5 beta 3 files

bripat

I recently downloaded v5 beta 3 and positioned it on my desktop leaving v4.48 independently installed. I have used v5 for my most recent vacation slideshow but when I select "save as" for the pte file I get a warning notice "project files created with Pics to Exe v1.00-v1.60 are not supported now OK" I press OK to get rid of warning (there being no other option) but find on trying subsequently to open the file ( for second thoughts improvement to the slideshow) that my hard work has disappeared. ie the pics are no longer shown on the work panel. Fortunately I created an .exe file so I have my first effort but nothing to return to. Has anybody else experienced this and how can I securely save my work. Help please you expert guys and gals!

pte 5 will open a pte made with pte 5 only

but

pte 4 series will not and thus the message

and pte 4 series is the default opener

you must open the pte program and direct to open the pte 5 pte

it is not a good practice to have programs on the desktop only s/c's to te programs

ken

pte 5 will open a pte made with pte 5 only

but

pte 4 series will not and thus the message

and pte 4 series is the default opener

you must open the pte program and direct to open the pte 5 pte

it is not a good practice to have programs on the desktop only s/c's to te programs

ken

Many thanks Ken for prompt reply. I have now retrieved my beta 5 first exercise and have moved the beta 5 download to my Program Files.

Brian

Brian

now go one step further

ver 5 will make a zip file of what you have done so far

file/create backup in zip

ken

Thanks again for this tip Ken. I have just created a Zip file of latest project, saved it to my audio visuals folder, but when I click to open it I just get the option OPEN without any recourse to opening from v5. So I get same notice as before and end up opening v4.48 apparently with no alternative, thus not able to extract my show. I'm reasonably competent otherwise, but this has me stumped. Can you spare the time to help further?

Brian.

well copy the zip into new folder

call it zip test

un zip the zip in zip test folder

the components and the pte are the components that you had/were using when the zip was made

the pte must be opened with ver 5

so

open version 5 and direct it to the pte in "zip test " folder and make it open the pte and your show will start - when you make the zip tou do not zip the exe just the components

ken