WnSoft Forums

Photo clipping

kgoreilly

Hi,

I've been putting a very small white border around some BW photos, but the photo displayed by the software is clipped. Usually the RHS and bottom white margins are missing.

It's extremely time consuming playing around with the margin sizes in photoshop, so that you get even margins in the software.

Is there something I don't know???????

Kevin

Hi,

I've been putting a very small white border around some BW photos, but the photo displayed by the software is clipped. Usually the RHS and bottom white margins are missing.

Kevin,

Can you please give us a little more information about what you are trying to do? (What software, image sizes, how you are adding the border, etc.)

Kevin,

Can you please give us a little more information about what you are trying to do? (What software, image sizes, how you are adding the border, etc.)

I have a 4500x2963 BMP photo opened in Photoshop. I added a 5 pixel white margin. This margin does not appear in full in PicturesToExe. When you "Click Here To Preview The Slide" the entire top and right hand side margin is missing. When you hit the preview button in the "Customize Synchronization" window, a bit of the top margin, and all of the right hand side margin are missing.

I'm not looking for a work around solution here -I can think of a few. I was pointing out that there is a flaw in the software.

I have a 4500x2963 BMP photo opened in Photoshop. I added a 5 pixel white margin. This margin does not appear in full in PicturesToExe. When you "Click Here To Preview The Slide" the entire top and right hand side margin is missing. When you hit the preview button in the "Customize Synchronization" window, a bit of the top margin, and all of the right hand side margin are missing.

I'm not looking for a work around solution here -I can think of a few. I was pointing out that there is a flaw in the software.

With images that large, how wide do you expect your border to be after PTE resizes the image to fit into a 1024x768 or 1280x960 pixel screen? Remember, half-pixels are not allowed. B)

With images that large, how wide do you expect your border to be after PTE resizes the image to fit into a 1024x768 or 1280x960 pixel screen? Remember, half-pixels are not allowed. B)

The point is that SOME of the margins are there, others not. There is some clipping on the RHS, and also on the top, but less there.

It's very easy for anyone to replicate this with a simple black photo.

PicturesToExe ver#?

screen resolution etc

all these factors are needed

ken

It's the Beta 4.

Screen 1024x 768

The point is that SOME of the margins are there, others not. There is some clipping on the RHS, and also on the top, but less there.

It's very easy for anyone to replicate this with a simple black photo.

Well, it worked OK in my test, with no discernable clipping (see screenshot). Maybe you need to adjust your monitor so as to be able to see 100% of the viewable area.

post-215-1155149950_thumb.jpg

Well, it worked OK in my test, with no discernable clipping (see screenshot). Maybe you need to adjust your monitor so as to be able to see 100% of the viewable area.

Thanks for that.

Yes, it probably is a monitor problem. I'll make an .exe file and try it out on other computers, and then report back.

Thanks again.