WnSoft Forums

Video format

hlion

I am struggling with the choice of video format since none of CD or DVD that I burned did play right on the DVD player !

In the example attached, none of the red dots would move between starting en ending positions.

Are the movements too fast ? I have tried to extend from 5à sec to 3 min without any improvement.

Does anyone have any suggestion ?

Rgds,

H.Lion

P.S . I am not authorised to upload the .pte file, How can I do it ?

I am struggling with the choice of video format since none of CD or DVD that I burned did play right on the DVD player !

In the example attached, none of the red dots would move between starting en ending positions.

Are the movements too fast ? I have tried to extend from 5à sec to 3 min without any improvement.

Does anyone have any suggestion ?

Rgds,

H.Lion

P.S . I am not authorised to upload the .pte file, How can I do it ?

H,

Welcome to the forum.

You can only upload image files here to the forum. You could take a screen-copy of your PTE project screen and upload it, but not the .pte file itself.

Please give us more information about the method you are using to create your DVD's. Are you using the PTE codec and leaving PTE open while rendering your show?

Guest Techman1

H.Lion,

Welcome to the forum. If you can advise on a few questions, I'm sure someone can help further:

(1) What version of PTE are you running? Is it the full version (not a trial)?

(2) On the red dots problem, is this an object within a slide?

(3) On the playback problem with the DVD, does the slideshow work correctly on your PC as an executable (.EXE)? Have you tried the EXE on another PC?

Please provide some additional info and I know someone here can assist you further.

Regards,

Fred

- I am using V5.5 full version (not trial)

- I am adding 4 images in order to better try to explain what I am struggling for :

* Red Dots Start shows 13 red dots, each associated with one logo (the name of cafés)

* Red Dots final shows the positions of these dots on an itinerary (this to illustrate the race between cafes waiters)

Between these two, a white opaque screen masks all logos and moves from top to bottom and each time a logo is revealed, the red dot moves from starting to ending position. The whole thing lasts 50 sec. Each red dot moves for 1 sec.

* Video Screen 01 shows the starting video image : here one already can see that the logos are not in the right positions

* Video Screen 02 shows the the last video image : here only three out of the 17 dots are about rightly positionned, all others went "out of screen"

Well, I tried encoding with every possible option and must say that only HD-1080 is working OK but I understand that this (new) format can not be read by every video player ?

I also tried to lengthen the duration of the slide to 3 min (and lengthen the duration of each red dot movement to 2 sec instead of 1 sec) but this did not help.

I have also used either Ulead or TMPGenc with the same poor result.

I hope this is decribes the problem well enough, if not I could send .pte (and exe) full show.

Thanks for your help.

Henri Lion

post-2551-1156401639_thumb.jpg

post-2551-1156401674_thumb.jpg

post-2551-1156401718_thumb.jpg

post-2551-1156401749_thumb.jpg

Since my previous post I did thought that the problem I had to struggle with lied in the fact that I was using a Main slide plus 17 added logos(jpg images) and 17 added red dots (png images) which PTE had to load in while running.

What the encoding process is doing, I think, is to record 25 images per sec and these images are taken during the process of loading the Main + 2 x17 added images plus the moving white screen...hence the random result !

Since none of the 17 added logos needed to move, I added them with Photoshop on my main image and on my PTE show I only added the 17 red dots and made them move from start to end positions while moving down the screen to uncover each logo one after the other.

....and it works fine ! The video is exactly as I wanted and as the slide show !!!

I do think that I was asking too much from the encoding process.

Well, as you see, I am not an expert in video encoding but I did made some progress.

If someone has any clue on the encoding process and how to compute the timing in oder to avoid to have too many things to do in a given period of time, I would be glad to understand it better.

H. Lion

I'd like to thanks those who helped me in making me understanding that they experienced no problems with video so far and that something was wrong (yes but what ?) with my project.

So I went out of the square and redid my project...and to my big surprise, the video encoding went smooth and right.

I had to strugle a bit with the white opaque rectangle which moved from top to bottom and was not in the right place at once but at the second run.

First Project screen sho shows what I was not happy with : the big mess with logos and red dots lying out of places !

The New Project First attempt screen shot shows that I was nearly there except the white opaque rectangle which was too far right !

The New Project Second attempt screen shot shows that now it was right : red dots, logos and white rectangle were well positionned...as they are on the slide show.

I have no explanation of what went wrong and on what I did wrong.

Thanks again for your help.

Henri

I'd like to thanks those who helped me in making me understanding that they experienced no problems with video so far and that something was wrong (yes but what ?) with my project.

So I went out of the square and redid my project...and to my big surprise, the video encoding went smooth and right.

I had to strugle a bit with the white opaque rectangle which moved from top to bottom and was not in the right place at once but at the second run.

First Project screen sho shows what I was not happy with : the big mess with logos and red dots lying out of places !

The New Project First attempt screen shot shows that I was nearly there except the white opaque rectangle which was too far right !

The New Project Second attempt screen shot shows that now it was right : red dots, logos and white rectangle were well positionned...as they are on the slide show.

I have no explanation of what went wrong and on what I did wrong.

Thanks again for your help.

Henripost-2551-1156670858_thumb.jpgpost-2551-1156670881_thumb.jpgpost-2551-1156670901_thumb.jpg