WnSoft Forums

REGISTRATION KEY

Ken Cox

FOR STARTERS SEE

http://www.guru.to.it/en/tips/regkey_en.htm

and following that please use the forum search feature for registration

quite often your mailer or anti virus or firewall softaware is blocking the reg key

ken

I'm trying to register my program, but can't open this page to give me the directions. I've looked under Help also, and there's nowhere to register. Can someone just give me the direction to the registration process?

Thank you,

Michelle

Guest Techman1

Michelle,

The page opened fine for me. I copied what was on this page, so hopefully this may help you get your key registered. Here's the info from Guru's page:

The PTE registration key (reg.key) is often sent in the body of a message, because many mail servers don't allow attachments. The file can appear as a text file: so how can we use this text message to unlock the trial software?

Remember that this key always starts with the following strings:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="0...

and ends with

...="

(pay attention: quotation marks are parts of the key, dots aren't!)

So, if you get the key as a text string, copy it, paste into Notepad, save the file as reg.key (NOT .txt!), and verify the resulting file is 231 bytes.

Now, you can double-click on it or right-click and choose "Merge" from the menu to add it to registry.

I hope this helps you!

Fred

Michelle,

The page opened fine for me. I copied what was on this page, so hopefully this may help you get your key registered. Here's the info from Guru's page:

The PTE registration key (reg.key) is often sent in the body of a message, because many mail servers don't allow attachments. The file can appear as a text file: so how can we use this text message to unlock the trial software?

Remember that this key always starts with the following strings:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="0...

and ends with

...="

(pay attention: quotation marks are parts of the key, dots aren't!)

So, if you get the key as a text string, copy it, paste into Notepad, save the file as reg.key (NOT .txt!), and verify the resulting file is 231 bytes.

Now, you can double-click on it or right-click and choose "Merge" from the menu to add it to registry.

I hope this helps you!

Fred

Fred, thank you...I forgot I'm using Firefox and sometimes things just don't jive :D

Thank you for your helP!!!

Also, once I merge it into the registry, I'm done?

Guest Techman1

Also, once I merge it into the registry, I'm done?

Once you follow the instructions to save your file as a reg.key and then double-click on it, it "should" add it to the registry. Then you will have full PTE capabilities.

Good luck,

Fred

The PTE registration key (reg.key) is often sent in the body of a message,

Fred,

My key is called "PTE.KEY". It may be different in different installations, depending on when you downloaded the program??

Guest Techman1

Al,

I believe as long as the name is something.key, it will call up the registry and will try to add the information within the key file. I was just copying down what was embedded in the link which Ken provided. I believe my key file was/is: PTE.KEY also (I haven't used it in some time).

Take care!

Fred

Guest Techman1

I used pte.key and it worked. Thank you guys for such quick responses!!!

BTW Fred...I love your avatar :D

Thanks on the avatar, someone else created this long ago and I simply modified it! Maybe you can create something really cool that relates to your forum name (nice by the way). What part of Texas are you in?

Regards,

Fred

p.s. - I'm glad you got your key registered and everything is working now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a new user and have just bought PicturesToExe, received my registration key email but the key was embedded in the message (I'm using Eudora), with several characters missing from the end. I've tried pasting it into a .txt / .reg / .key file, and adding random characters to the end to make the file 231 bytes in length (as suggested in other posts on this forum), but I still get the "invalid / damaged key" message when I launch the software.

Can I assume that being a Saturday, I'll have to wait til Monday for the support team to re-send the key?

This is sooo annoying as I loved the demo version and actually have time today to create a slideshow! Grrr :(

Can anyone out there help?

Barney.

Barney,

Welcome to the Forum!

Igor is pretty good about replying to messages on the forum, but send an email to him anyway at support@wnsoft.com . However, as you indicated, you may not get a reply until after the weekend. If you don't hear back after a few days, resend, as he gets so many spam messages these days there is a slight possibility that some legitimate mail could get lost amongst all the junk.

Good luck with PTE - you are in for a real treat! :)

Thanks for the kind words Al, I'm looking forward to getting it working! I've recently had a month in New Zealand, during which I took about 2.500 photos, and would like to turn the better ones into something worth keeping.

Barney,

Welcome to the Forum!

Igor is pretty good about replying to messages on the forum, but send an email to him anyway at support@wnsoft.com . However, as you indicated, you may not get a reply until after the weekend. If you don't hear back after a few days, resend, as he gets so much spam these days messages there is a slight possibility that some legitimate mail could get lost amongst all the junk.

Good luck with PTE - you are in for a real treat! :)