WnSoft Forums

Error when loading .PTE files

jfa

Hello

I have been whatching the wonderfull PTX slide shows for some time and finally decided to have a go myself. I have purchaced v4.48 and downloaded many tutorals from this forum, The dom and others.

When I try and load the .pte files in the tuts I get the error message:-

"Project files created with PTX v1.00 - v1.60 are not supported now"

I think I must have something wrong in the configuration somewhere, as many ot the tuts are only new I know they must be more recent PTX files than v1.6.

Can someone please help a newboy? All other functions of the program appear to work fine.

thanks in advance

JFA

When I try and load the .pte files in the tuts I get the error message:-

"Project files created with PTX v1.00 - v1.60 are not supported now"

JFA,

Welcome to the Forum!

How are you attempting to load the files? Usually you can simply double-click on them, but if you still have v.4 installed you will get a "non-supported" message if you click on v.4 files. Also, you can't open version 5 project files in previous versions of PTE.

You have to open up version 5 first, go to the "Files" tab, and open the project file via the menu. That should work - if not, please come back and we'll try to figure out why. :)

Hi JFA ( Newboy!) – Welcome to the forum.

The tutorial presentations you have downloaded from (thedom) and others with all the source files will not open in ver 4.48.

Only ver 5_Beta 5. ( do you have this version installed ? )

Version 5 Beta 5 can be downloaded from the pinned link in the forum.

(here)

Pinned link Version 5 Beta 5

Read the posted explanation from Igor (admin1).

It will install into a separate folder.

You must then Start up ver 5_Beta 5 click File / Open and choose the .PTE ( working file ) from the tutorials in the folder you saved them to.

If you are clicking the .PTE file to open tutorial, it will start up ver 4.48 and yes you will get the error message.

Enjoy.

( Sorry Al, guess we were typing at the same time )

G'day

Thanks for your prompt and correct reply.

I had decided not to update to v5 until the final release was out, but of course these tuts do need v5, so I am now running v5 and all works fine.

thanks

JFA