WnSoft Forums

UPLOADING METHODS

JohnFeg

During attempts to upload a bulky file to the forum recently, I hit a serious snag.

I was trying to upload via either "Yousendit", "Dropload" or Beechbrook Cottage. Each time I got the same sort of failure.

The upload would start, then, after between 5-80% had been transmitted the "The Page you are trying to reach is not available" screen comes up. The one you get when a URL is down or you internet connection has been broken.

When I try, using my wifes machine that uses the same Service Provider, it works perfectly.

I've tried turning off my Firewall, Virus Checker and Zone Alarm, to no avail.

Anyone any ideas where this problem might lie?

John

Hi John,

Your problem is not rare by any means even when using the same ISP Provider ~

Firstly you are using 2 PC's on the same ISP but each PC has a different ID.Number

and more than likely each has a different 'router set-up' consequently your wife's PC

has worked O.K and yours has failed to complete the same task.

Job.No:1

Send a small Exe. to your wifes' PC over the Internet and get her to return that Exe to your PC.

If that works, then both PC's are definitely O.K. If not then you have a problem !

Job.No:2

(a) Your problem may be in the 'ISP.Router Set-up' on your particular connection on their Server.

(B) The problem can also occur between your ISP.Server and their 'Links' to the Receiver ISP.

Note:- There can be up to 20 Servers between you and your Client, some Router-Server like 'Tiscali'

set limits on 'File Size' when routing 3rd.Party Traffic such as from your ISP.Provider.

Ring up your ISP.Provider and get them to "Ping" the recipients' ISP.Address from your PC

this can be done over the Phone. You can also do this from within Windows,but its "tricky".

Alternatively download a Program called "Fping" from www.snapfiles.com 50kB.size.

(See Link below)

http://www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?....x=7&search.y=4

Simply click on this 'Link' and download and run, suitable for all Windows OP.Systems.

Hope this helps.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi John,

Your problem is not rare by any means even when using the same ISP Provider ~

Firstly you are using 2 PC's on the same ISP but each PC has a different ID.Number

and more than likely each has a different 'router set-up' consequently your wife's PC

has worked O.K and yours has failed to complete the same task.

Job.No:1

Send a small Exe. to your wifes' PC over the Internet and get her to return that Exe to your PC.

If that works, then both PC's are definitely O.K. If not then you have a problem !

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

I'm very grateful for your very detailed reply.

I'm going to work my way through what you suggest but am not sure if I should send the exe file as an E-mail attachment or some other way.

John