WnSoft Forums

Transparent to Selection

mellow

... I finally got around to playing with pte5 ... wow ... this is one great photo/animation package ... hope it gets finished real soon ... the interface with the animation is not fancy but is very well thought out when you play with it for awhile ... anyway, what's this "transparent to selection" all about? ... I tried checking and unchecking it when making shows and didn't see anything happen .... TIA for any explanation ...

... I finally got around to playing with pte5 ... wow ... this is one great photo/animation package ... hope it gets finished real soon ... the interface with the animation is not fancy but is very well thought out when you play with it for awhile ... anyway, what's this "transparent to selection" all about? ... I tried checking and unchecking it when making shows and didn't see anything happen .... TIA for any explanation ...

Mellow,

Place two objects in the object preview window, one object directly covering the other one (i.e. on a higher level). If "transparent to selection" is not checked, then, when you un-highlight all objects (click anywhere in the window not on a particular object in the "objects" list box) and then try to click on one of the objects in the main O/A preview window, the one which is on top will be highlighted.

However, if you repeat this procedure after checking "transparent to selection" for the "top" object, then the next one down in the order will be highlighted instead. In other words, the top object will be "transparent" to the cursor which is trying to click on it. This feature was added as a convenience for those who prefer to highlight an object by actually clicking on it, instead of on it's name in the object list. Hope this helps! :)