WnSoft Forums

slideshow to disk - help!

lissiefb

I'm sure for most of you this is a simple task. I am having great difficulty burning my slideshow to disk. Creating the slideshow with music was easy and is abeautiful way to show my work to clients! However when I burn using my'sonic record' program and pop the disk back into the computer it shows me the file present(being the slideshow) but does not run the show - despite also attatching an autorun file. I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly and there is a simple way to do this but I'm at my wits end!!

Please help - step by step - I'm feeling completely inadequate, when i know I souldn't be!

Thanks, Lissie

Hi Lissie,

Could you give more details of your AUTORUN file?

It should be a text file .. could you also post the text here so we can see it (and let us know the name of the file you are trying to run) as well as any other pertinent details. [you can do attachments to posts]

Ta.

I have found that using DVDs is a great way of running presentations in isolation, but does mean investing in authoring software and doing some research, etc. So for now lets stick with your question.

J :ph34r: G

PS. Feeling inadequate is a sign you're doing something new and stretching out of your comfort zone - always to be commended - as I am sure everyone here will agree! ;)

In addition;

If the "AUTORUN.inf" file looks all ok and you have checked it over, there is a possibility that the auto-run feature has been disbled on your PC. It can be switched back on (see attached - rather than a techie explanation here - under the heading "Enabling AutoRun on your computer")

In the meantime, there are some good guides if you do a Google search for "AUTORUN". One of the best can be found ==> Here

Have fun - but get back to us here if you need more help.

J :ph34r: G

AutoRun_NOTES.doc