WnSoft Forums

Sound Editing Request

jfa

I had been delaying this post until Egor and team had finished their great work on V5 Deluxe, had a well deserved rest, and V5 was in general release.

However I have noticed that a growing number of posts are asking for some kind of sound editing function and I wish to add my voice to this group of requests.

Currently I am working on an AV about hot-Air Ballooning, an occupation which I am very involved in. This has involved 2 music soundtracks, 14 different sound effects at different points during the show and, I’m glad to say, no commentary. The sound effects, in some cases, must match a point in the show at +/- 0.2 of a second and others flow over several images with various volume adjustments. In previous shows I have made I’ve needed to mix and sync commentary precisely to/across images.

This has been very time consuming using the every good sound editors Audacity and Cool Edit, both of which I am very familiar. I have had to go to them and make minor time adjustments, remixes when volume adjustments are required or when I have made changers to the images used, etc.

On my current show 30 hours have gone into building it, 3 hours in Photoshop, 8 hours in PTE and 19 hours with the sound editors!!

What I prepose is 2, (3 would be better), sound channels in the timeline window to which sound files can be added, have their positions, (start and end), adjusted just as we can with image files, and most importantly have their volume adjusted,. This would allow fading from one to the other sound source or positioning one on top of another at various volume levels.

Maybe the timeline with this function could become a separate screen as the “Objects and animation” is.

Now we have the DVD creation and Pan/Zoom/Rotate functions working this is to me the final big enhancement needed to make a great, (the best), AV presentation software perfect. The A does stand for Audio.What do others think?

Egor please regard this post as a request/suggestion for development in PTE Deluxe V5+ or V6. I don’t wish to burden you with this level of work at present. :)

regards and thanks

John.