WnSoft Forums

sreensettings

HvK

Hello,

For me the screensettings are essential at least if people want to view my shows in the quality I have plan it on my cd's or dvd's. My experience is that people don't like to change their screensettings. Therefore I decide in my layout work for which setting the show will perfom best! I don't like to change the screensettings myself either. Therefore this subject is very important when you making your layout. (especially when you work from mainpages to present many seperated shows from, like I do)

I deal with lots of problems in version 5 with this, because there many screesettings and you cannot group the objects inside. To group the objects is essential if you don't want to loose your layout with different screensettings. Without grouping your objects will show up everywhere you don't want it! You also will loose your hotspots!

What I mean you can see on two small samples I put online which I made with version 5. At least 1 of them should be out of line dramatically. Maybe even both. This because I can't group the objects.

The other BIG problems I deal with is the fact that when I load pics or Objects (read seperated pics) they don't load in their original format and most loose a lot of their quality when the PTE resample them to screen fitting. Hopefully I prevent that in the samples I given you.. (I am not sure... This shows up real bad when I use small link banners or thumbnails!!!

You can download 2 samples at http://www.spellofnature.com/html/slideshow.htm (screentest 2x) and see what I mean.

Further I updated my new autorun quite a bit... I also include a very interesting (slide) effect

Ok we talk later. I get a few friends visiting me now!

More later

.................What I mean you can see on two small samples I put online which I made with version 5. At least 1 of them should be out of line dramatically. Maybe even both. This because I can't group the objects.

On my system they are both out of line, and both look not too bad.

Hans,

If you use "Fit to slide" in the "O/A" menu in v.5, the objects should line up OK (provided they line up in your original project B) ). Note that you don't have to also check "Fit to screen" for the background in "PrOps / Screen"). But make sure you do choose an aspect ratio in "PrOps / Screen" which suits the images you are using.

thanks guys for the checking and tips! This problem really drives me crazy. Can you tell me me how the autorun turns out on your screens as well, at 3 systems here it turns out correctly!!! I really appreaciate your help!

Thanks

thanks guys for the checking and tips! This problem really drives me crazy. Can you tell me me how the autorun turns out on your screens as well, at 3 systems here it turns out correctly!!! I really appreaciate your help!

Thanks

It looked fine at 1680x1050. Everything lined up the way it looked like it should be. However, I had to take the "Ctl-alt-del" route to close the black screen.

Thanks very much for checking AL. Wow a nice screen you must have there hihihihi!!! Can't you close the first page either??

Yes, it's a 20" Dell hi-res LCD screen - not a particularly expensive version, but does the job - I particularly like the wide-screen aspect ratio - it accommodates the usual 3:2 camera aspect ratio better than a 4:3 monitor.

If I open your "autorun" show and then close it, everything works just fine. It was after "browsing" through the different menus that I ran into trouble. I doubt if I could even replicate it again.