WnSoft Forums

Sound and Synchro needed in object animation window

smithore

Good morning.

I have some difficulties to synchronise objects and photos in object animation window, because no sound is played during preview.

For example, if I need to place objects apparitions on drums hits, I must run the show before, see approximatively the moment, and after enter object animation to place the object, but it's very very long and indefinite.

The best solution is a loop function in the keyframe line between A and B points and possibility of "scrubbing" the sound, like in the video editors, to find the exact "impact".

With these functions, Pte will become the best for audio synchronisation.

Is it Possible?

Thanks.

Stéphane

Stephane,

I agree with you 100% on this and have asked Igor to please incorporate this capability.

Once v.5 is complete, it will be possible again to look on the timeline to view the precise timing of the music crescendos, beats, etc., make a note of the positions where the corresponding key-points of the objects should be, and then go back to the O/A menu to implement these (by using the timing information at the bottom of the O/Awindow).

This is still an awkward method, however, and very time-consuming.

One other method which you could use in the interim is one described by someone on the Forum some time ago. This person opens a sound editor side-by-side with PTE, and uses it to determine where in time a particular transition or effect should be positioned.

Ok Alrobin, thank you for your answer.

For transitions and effects on a new slide, it's OK for me, even if it's sometimes difficult with fast tempo.

However in a slide with 20 seconds of animation, it's very hard to place correctly, for example 5 sudden lightings (made with a bright png) on 5 tom's hits close together.