WnSoft Forums

Slide animation

11pete34

I have been trying out Beta 5.8r and inadvertantly created a slide with multiple movements of rotation, zooming and panning in the O & A screen without setting keypoint times for each movement.

I have not been able to repeat this effect.

Did I do something that should be a function of the O & A screen?

Unfortunately I lost the effect before realising it was not repeatable.

Peter.

Peter,

Welcome to the Forum!

Next time, make a note of the parameters for each keypoint (you can read them off of the "O&A / Animation" tab), and you will be able to duplicate the effect by simply adding the objects in the order as before, adding the necessary number of keypoints, and and then typing the numbers back in the appropriate input boxes for each keypoint.

It would be simpler to save the pte project file as a "template" and then copy each slide over to the new show, but if you lost the original, this obviously would not be possible.

Peter,

Welcome to the Forum!

Next time, make a note of the parameters for each keypoint (you can read them off of the "O&A / Animation" tab), and you will be able to duplicate the effect by simply adding the objects in the order as before, adding the necessary number of keypoints, and and then typing the numbers back in the appropriate input boxes for each keypoint.

It would be simpler to save the pte project file as a "template" and then copy each slide over to the new show, but if you lost the original, this obviously would not be possible.

Thank you Al for answering my message.

I now do what you advised and by keeping a record of the keypoints for each slide have created a montage of photographs all using the same effects.

What I did in my message was create a slide with various pan and zoom effects all between two keypoints, and repeat the effects when playing the slide. That is what I can't repeat.

By the way, Al what is the differance between saving as a 'pte' file and a 'template'?

Peter.

Peter

re templates -- some background

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...;f=2&t=3170

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...;f=2&t=2687

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...;f=2&t=3537

then we evolved to making a zip of the present settings and files we are using in a show

FILE/CREATE BACKUP IN ZIP

-- Igor is try to protect us from ourselves and it is appreciated --

if only we would practice what he is giving us:)

ken

What I did in my message was create a slide with various pan and zoom effects all between two keypoints, and repeat the effects when playing the slide. That is what I can't repeat.

Peter,

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

There are two ways to repeat a set of keypoints:

1. Highlight all objects in the object list, and use copy and paste to duplicate them. Then move the new ones to where you want them. You can use the detailed numerical values under the "Animation" tab to help set up the parameters to repeat the same effect as the originals.

2. Make a short show with two slides, and select "Repeat show until Esc is pressed" in Project Options.

Does this help you accomplish your objective?

Peter,

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

There are two ways to repeat a set of keypoints:

1. Highlight all objects in the object list, and use copy and paste to duplicate them. Then move the new ones to where you want them. You can use the detailed numerical values under the "Animation" tab to help set up the parameters to repeat the same effect as the originals.

2. Make a short show with two slides, and select "Repeat show until Esc is pressed" in Project Options.

Does this help you accomplish your objective?

I'm taking the oportunity of replying to both Al and Ken.

I've read all the threads you suggested and gained some very useful ideas about templates and copying slides and keypoints. Thanks to both of you with this additional request. Can you copy keypoints without copying the slide they are applied to, then paste the keypoints only to another slide?.

Back to my original enquiry. When I animated the slide in question it was the first time I'd used the O & A tab and didn't know the significance of 'keypoints'. I just moved the slide about, changed it's size and rotated it a bit. When I hit the play tab the slide did everything I'd just done to it. How? I hadn't set any keypoints.

Peter

........... Can you copy keypoints without copying the slide they are applied to, then paste the keypoints only to another slide?

Yes, you can. But you have to copy the "objects", themselves. In O&A, highlight the objects, in the objects list, whose keypoints you want, and select "Copy" at the top of the window. Then open O&A for another slide in the same show, and hit "Paste" where you want the objects to appear in the objects list for this slide.

You can copy keypoints from one show to another, but to do so you have to copy the entire slide. See Hawk's excellent description, already mentioned by Ken above: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry31206

............. I just moved the slide about, changed it's size and rotated it a bit. When I hit the play tab the slide did everything I'd just done to it. How? I hadn't set any keypoints.

Peter

When you open O&A for a slide, you automatically have one keypoint (at the beginning of the slide). To make the image move, you have to have at least one other keypoint, which you create by highlighting the small keypoint rectangle on the timeline and hitting the "+" button. You can then move this keypoint to wherever on the timeline you want it to appear. So far, nothing will move when you "scrub" the timeline by clicking on the little blue triangle and dragging it along the timeline.

To add movement, you must change the PZR parameters for one of these keypoints, so that one is different from the other. This is what sets up the motion. You can add as many keypoints as you wish, in order to obtain changes in this motion, or you can also add other images or "rectangles" as objects, and create effects with these objects, too.

Try experimenting with this until you feel comfortable with all the possibilities. :)