WnSoft Forums

music glitch

Trudy

I have been having problems with the music I add to my pte slide shows skipping throughout the show. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution or why this may be happening?

The music doesn't skip during the preview mode - only after it has been created.

I have had the same problem on machines that seem to not have fast enough video cards. One thing which helps is to reduce the size of your photos to the screen pixel size (ie. 1024x768). When the photo takes to long to load it throws the timing off and the music has to skip to slow down to the picture. On the machines that did this it improved although did not completely go away.

I guess your problem is very simple and the solution too.

Do you have checked the "Synchronize slideshow..." box in "Project options" > "Main"? Probably you haven't. And this is the only solution to get a perfect synchronization.

By opening the "Customize synchronization" windows you can choose either "Automatic Synchronization" (and then open "Timed points" and select "Add arranged points") or "Customize synchronization" and set the points to change slide with "New transition" button.

I have written many times, that I have sometimes the same problem. It is not the synchronisation. It has to do with the memory management I think. I have Win2000, Athlon 2000+, 512 MB Ram. Sometimes I have sound-problems or the images are flickering and doesn´t change - the music goes on -. In preview-mode, when I stop the show at this error point and start it again at the same point, the show runs for a small time o.k.. Yesterday I viewed a show, creating with my Athlon 2000+ PC on my notebook - P II 233 Mhz, 192 MB RAM - and it runs without sound and flickering errors. One hour before on my PC, the show has had the errors. So it must be a memory problem. If I reboot the system and start the show immediately, there are no problems.

T.