WnSoft Forums

Problems with blendings on PTE5 beta: RESOLVED!

Heaven

Dear Sir, dear Madam

Dear PTE users

I'm using PTE 4.8 and I'm very happy with it and would like to continue to use PTE. So I have tried PTE 5 beta which offers interesting new features like zoom and pan. But I have the following problem:

The slideshows realized with PTE 5 beta works properly and smooth on the computer. I use normal blendings and some zooms and pans. When I connect my beamer, the show in the whole, the zooms and pans are still smooth, but the blendings move convulsively. This surprises me, because one could think that the zooms and pans use more power of the computer.

The slideshow is long (20 min) and makes 183 MB. The same show realized in PTE 4.8 works perfectly well. It would be so nice to be able to use some zooms and pans.

I use the following hardware for the presentation:

notebook hp nx 7400 with mobile Intel 945 GM express chipset Family (224 Mo) and 2GB RAM

beamer canon sx60

I would be verry happy if I could get some help and I apologize for my bad English.

Many thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely

Markus Peissard

www.markus-peissard.ch

notebook hp nx 7400 with mobile Intel 945 GM express chipset Family (224 Mo) and 2GB RAM

hi Markus,

I've the same problem, in particular I see a big difference between the zoom with x-dissolve and without.

I think it's a problem of hardware slowness when we use the external connection of the video card.

There's a note about in the v5 beta tread, when Igor said that old graphic cards are not supported at the moment.

Then we look at beta9 with hope.

[sorry also for my English ;))]

Fabrizio

Dear Fabrizio

Thank you for your posting. I don't know much about the technical side and about hardware. The notebook I use for the presentation (HP NX7400) with my beamer is recent. I have 2GB RAM and I hope the graphic card is good enough.

If not, I don't know how to present my slideshow: must I get a "normal" PC in a big or mid tower when I go for a public presentation? Hmm, I don't use Mac, they have a powerful mini computer. Does this exist for PC?

Best regards

Markus

Thank you for your posting. I don't know much about the technical side and about hardware. The notebook I use for the presentation (HP NX7400) with my beamer is recent. I have 2GB RAM and I hope the graphic card is good enough.

If not, I don't know how to present my slideshow: must I get a "normal" PC in a big or mid tower when I go for a public presentation? Hmm, I don't use Mac, they have a powerful mini computer. Does this exist for PC?

Markus,

Welcome to the Forum!

I use an HP "Pavillion 8000" laptop, with only 1 Gb RAM, and an ATI Radeon X500 "mobile" graphics card with 128 Mb of VRAM. It's vintage is about 2 years old, but it runs the v.5 PTE shows better than my desktop pc with similar parameters.

So, you should be able to use your laptop to project PTE v.5 shows with no problems. At what resolution are you projecting your shows? Do you have a lot of images with transitions close together? I don't know what else to suggest, except, make sure there are no processes running in the "background" and taking up valuable processor resources.

I think Fabrizio is correct that it has something to do with the difference between outputting to the built in screen versus the external VGA connector. Since the slideshow runs fine on the laptop screen, it isn't the computer or video card.

This could either have to do with the way the video card controller and memory are put together, or the fact that the mode sent out on the VGA connector is different than the screen mode internally.

Are you displaying video on both the laptop and VGA out connector? If so, try turning off the laptop monitor.

Check the screen mode (resolution and refresh rate) of the VGA out connector and try changing it to lower values, although I understand it is optimum to match the output to the native resolution of the LCD projector.

Steve

Tucson, AZ USA

Hi Steve and Al

I'm impressed by the number of persons on this forum and how detailed the postings are. Thank you also for the welcome on this forum. I will be here regulary, I have got the "PTE"-virus. Very bad illness...

My beamer has a max. resolution of 1400x1050 px. So I prepare my images at this resolution and set the beamer to full screen or true size. The pictures are all about 1-1,5MB and I only have a few pictures with short blending times. I usually set 7sec per picture: 3 sec of blending, 4 sec of "resting" (pfff, my English...).

Yes , I let the laptop screen turned on and I will try to run the show with the screen turned off.

How can I check the VGA out connector? I realize I don't know much about the technical side. Do you mean the refresh rate of the laptop screen? It's 60 hz and it seems I can't change it. Or is there another refresh rate to be set?

Hmmm, and what is the native resolution of the projector? Is this the 1400x1050 px? If so, I in fact set my laptop to this resolution for the projection. I do this because I want the best picture quality possible and project them at 1400x1050.

I apologize for those naive questions.

Yours

Markus

Hi buddies!

Let me call you my buddies: you have helped me to resolve the problem! My show now works smoothly and without any problem on my laptop!

Thank you for your help!

Ah, you want to know what was the reason? Hmm, so simple: just turn off the screen of the laptop! That was it!

Now I hope that one day I can give a good tip to an user of this forum, too.

With my best regards

Markus

www.markus-peissard.ch

Hi buddies!

Let me call you my buddies: you have helped me to resolve the problem! My show now works smoothly and without any problem on my laptop!

Thank you for your help!

Ah, you want to know what was the reason? Hmm, so simple: just turn off the screen of the laptop! That was it!

Hi, Markus,

We're all "buds" here! :) I have had help here so many times, too, that it's a pleasure to be able to try to help someone else.

Looks like Fabrizio & Steve found a solution to your problem.

I use my laptop with both the screen and projector showing, and don't have any problems. However, the native resolution on my projector is only 1280x768, so I suspect that may be another reason why you are seeing glitches and I'm not. I find on my pc, that if I run a v.5 presentation in the usual 1680x1050 resolution, there seems to be a conflict between the slide transitions and the PZR effects.

By the way, how do you like the SX60? We used an SX50 for a SuperCircuit competition a year ago, and found it to be excellent. :)

Hi Al

I have the SX60 since a couple of weeks. The performence itself is the same as the SX50: 1400x1050, also the ANSI Lumen and the contrast. The connectivity is better and some other "details".

I'm very happy with it and I'm able to project my show on a wide screen of 4m large. Probably even more, but never tried. When I do public presentations (well, I only have mad 2 up to now), I use a mobile screen of 2,5x2,5 meters. The beamer is very simple to use and provides, together with the above mentioned laptop and music boxes from Logitech (X-230) an easy to handle package with great results.

At the beginning, I was a little bit decieved by the fact that black is a bit "bueish", not deep black. But this appears more in a very dark room and the closer you set up the projector to the screen. It's nothing bad. Anyway, I never could afford a better beamer... I'm just a small amateur.

Have a nice day!

Yours

Markus

www.markus-peissard.ch

Hi! Buddies,

My system runs with laptop and projector screens visible just like Al’s, however when at camera clubs and the like, I would like to turn my laptop screen off and just use the projector, but I don’t seem to be able to find the off switch.

My system is…. Acer 3020 laptop and an Acer Pd523 projector with a native rev of 1024x768, I have my lap top set at the same res so the auto system can look after things for me, i.e. if I alter the resolution to a higher setting the projector will follow suit although interpolation takes place.

Does anybody know how to turn the screen OFF?; I have read the manual, no answer forthcoming, I don’t think Acer knows because they don’t answer my e-mails. LOL.

Tom.

Hi Tom

Press the Fn key and the top Fn key which is Fn4 on my laptop but I have seen it marked with other Fn key numbers on other Laptops. It has a picture of a monitor and a laptop on it.

If you press these keys it should show laptop screen & projector, then either just projector or just laptop screen. I can never work out the correct pattern & I just keep trying until it shows the way I want to work.

Don't keep pressing or it will carry on when you take your fingers away! :unsure:

Hope this helps.

Hi Tomuk

Maureen has summarized the proceeding: fn-tile and the tile with the screen symbol. I had to look for it, too. You also can check your manual. On my HP nx7400 it's also fn+F4.

I notice a big difference with the screen turned on or off. The blendings are smooth once it's turned off, jerky (English? Hmm, be patient with the swiss guy I am) when it's turned on.

There's another advantage of turning it off: neither the spectators nor you are distracted by the laptop screen during the projection of your show and there's no disturbing light source.

Wish you much fun with PTE!

Markus

www.markus-peissard.ch

Hi Tomuk

I notice a big difference with the screen turned on or off. The blendings are smooth once it's turned off, jerky (English? Hmm, be patient with the swiss guy I am) when it's turned on.

There's another advantage of turning it off: neither the spectators nor you are distracted by the laptop screen during the projection of your show and there's no disturbing light source.

Wish you much fun with PTE!

Markus

www.markus-peissard.ch

Hi! Marku And Maureen,

Thanks you guys, thats brilliant, I have tried you methods and it works great.

On my Acer 3020 laptop if you press fn and f4 the laptop screen turns off,fn and f5 just the projector and fn and f6 BOTH how useful is that for the midway break.

Tom.