WnSoft Forums

Upgrading

phlipside

I've just gotten started with P2E and I think I'm really going to like it. I've started my first project (question on that elsewhere) when I see there's a newer version. I've downloaded the .zip file. I'm currently using 3.75. Is there anything special I have to do to upgrade to the new version? Will it automatically find the current project? Lead a newbie through the process if you will.

Thanks

JP

phlipside

Ok, I have a small tip for you. First go to the PTE folder and find the file called "apr.exe". Change its name to "_apr.exe". Now extraxt the zip file of the new version. It will probably give you a exe setup file. Run the setup and install in the default folder. I assume you did not changed folders on the 3.75 installation, so it will install in the same folder. that's all.

Now, in case you have problems with the new version (you should not have) go to PTE folder and you will see a new "apr.exe" file. This is the new version while your "_apr.exe" is your old version, which you can use in case of problems. After working few weeks with no problem, you can delete the old version. I keep all old versions. I am a bit paranoid.

Granot