WnSoft Forums

Music

bedwards

I am brand new - but love PicturestoExe

I recently created a slideshow with music on my desktop PC. Preview works great.

When I create the EXE and transfer to my laptop HD, the slideshow plays but no music in background.

do I have to copy the music to the laptop?

Hi Barb,

Welcome to the forum. Which version of PTE are you using, although all versions should work.

Does the music play with the slides when you run the show from within PTE. If so it should work when you create an exe file. Once you have created the exe file, it contains all the information necessary to play the whole show, pictures, music etc and you do not have to copy anything else - the exe file is fully self contained.

I cannot tell why it is not working for you but sometimes, if the music file is not in mp3 format, you might have some problems. Make sure that music track you have added is converted to mp3.

Jeff

Hi Barb

It might be that the music file you've used has been encoded with DRM (digital rights management). In some cases that can lead to the file playing back okay on the initial computer, but refusing to play on other machines. This is especially the case if the file has been downloaded from an on-line retailer.

You're better off creating your own MP3 file from a standard CD, using a ripper that does not add DRM to the file. Audio Grabber is a free program that gives very reliable MP3 files.

Ian

Hi Barb,

Welcome to the forum. Which version of PTE are you using, although all versions should work.

Does the music play with the slides when you run the show from within PTE. If so it should work when you create an exe file. Once you have created the exe file, it contains all the information necessary to play the whole show, pictures, music etc and you do not have to copy anything else - the exe file is fully self contained.

I cannot tell why it is not working for you but sometimes, if the music file is not in mp3 format, you might have some problems. Make sure that music track you have added is converted to mp3.

Jeff

thanks for the feedback - I'll give it a try!

I am brand new - but love PicturestoExe

I recently created a slideshow with music on my desktop PC. Preview works great.

When I create the EXE and transfer to my laptop HD, the slideshow plays but no music in background.

do I have to copy the music to the laptop?

I am using 4.8

The audio files are .wav files... not MP3

Hi Barb,

I assume the .Exe File worked perfectly on your Home PC ?

Now this is begging the obvious ~ What Laptop do you have ? ~ What is its Operating System ?

Laptops have totally different System Architecture's than PC's and stupid things can go wrong

with them particularily when it comes to Sounds & Graphic Presentations...

The Sound System on older Laptops & Notebooks is to say the least.."An afterthought" and they don't

like Wav Files due to the 'tiny' user memory available which 90% of the time can't be upgraded.

So let's have the details ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hello Barbara,

Don't get to bogged down with all the technical stuff at the moment, just change your WAV music files to mp3 music files and take it from there. mp3 files are very much smaller than WAV and will work so much better in a PTE slide show.

Ron