WnSoft Forums

Keyboard Control in PTE5

nickunwin

Hi Igor,

Is there any chance that the option to allow keyboard control of the slideshow can be enabled in the next beta release?

I've a couple of presentations in April which I would like to be able to manually 'step through' one section while speaking, and to then switch to an automatic flow of slides without any intervention from me. This is possible in PTE4 - but obviously PTE4 doesn't allow the use of any of the Ken Burns Effects, and I would strongly like to include them in the show. I can do this by splitting the slideshow and linking a PTE5 slideshow to run at the end of the PTE4 section - but this introduces a 'flash'/'flicker' showing the PC desktop as the programs swap over - and it doesn't look very professional :(

As a second request - I've been looking at the remote presenters/clickers (handheld laser pointers with 3 or 4 buttons on them to allow cordless control of the PC). These presenters are all geared to MS Powerpoint presentations using the Pg-Up (left), Pg-Dn (right), b (blank screen) and F5 (start) buttons. Of these PTE supports all the functions except 'b' for blank screen. It would be nice if PTE could also allow the user to pause/blank the slideshow when the 'b' key is pressed, and to resume when a key is pressed, or if the left/right or F5 keys are pressed.

Keep up the great work - PTE is great B)

That would be great - even not displaying the "allow keyboard"

control (but "as a default" making at least Page Up/Page Down

work for flipping forth and back) and I could also make my next

presentation with the beta instead of using 4.48... impressing a

few people (which, of course, are all potential buyers ;) )