WnSoft Forums

Adding Music

dvayder

I have two questions regarding adding music to my slideshow.

1. I tried to have music play in the background and then change on a specific slide. The music attached to the slide does not play...any help here? I then only attached musice to two slides; the first and then #52...hoping the music will change when it hit slide #52. Neither music selection played.

2. Is there a way to auto-sycronize a song across a certain number of slides (i.e. the first 52 slides) and then auto-sycronize another song across another group (i.e. 53-89)?

The only music I have been able to play is the standard background music. I'm sure this is simple, but it's not working for me.

Any assistance is appreciated...

Hi, and welcome to the forum, :D

There are two ways to solve your problem. First is you must costomise the slides on which you need to start the music. This is done on the Music tab and you losd your music and sellect "Start new music" on subsequent slides you must sellect "continue playing music". For the next piece of music you must load the next piece of music, ans sellect "Start new music" on subsequent slides you must sellect "continue playing music".

The second option is more reliable because you only have to load one music file into your project and are not subject to loading delays which can happen in option 1. For this you use a sound editor i.e. Audacity, Cool Edit ect, to make a file combining all of the sounds you want then in the project options you can time your slides to arrive as the given piece starts.

Use the search on this forum to find a wealth of topics on this subject,

Good luck, and enjoy,

Alan :ph34r:

Hi, Dvader,

Welcome to the forum and to PTE.

PTE is a very versatile program, and there are many useful tricks for having it perform the way one wants. Alan's suggestion is the most reliable way to do what you want.

Then, if you still want to autosynchronize differently across the two music selections, you can do so by loading the PTE file into the Adjustor spreadsheet model, adjust the timing so that the number of the transition corresponds with the time of the change to the new music selection, and then "pin" it so that it doesn't change when you have "Adjustor" automatically spread the "delay" times evenly over each selection.

You can then go back into PTE and fine-tune the timing so that the change between the two selections occurs exactly where you want.

It sounds a little complex, but after playing around with the spreadsheet, the process is really quite straight-forward. B)

Thanks, Guido. It was a lot of fun to develop - I have a few ideas for further features when I can find the time (reduced "dark-table" size as an option, further automation of file management, ability to organize a group of slides before importing into PTE, etc.)

I was hoping that if I waited a while to add more features, by then Igor would have added some of them to PTE! :-)