WnSoft Forums

In creating an AVI, some pictures expand

dpearcePNG

Attached is a zip file containing three pictures and a PTE v5.00 beta 8u project. This project has just one slide.

Two of the PNG files are of text created in Photoshop. When I place these two pieces of text on the page plus another picture (the port engine on a Cessna 402) also processed with Photoshop and preview it or create an EXE, the result is as expected.

If I create an AVI (codec makes no differance), the PNG files that are text are bigger on the screen that they should be. I placed several other copies of the plane engine picture around the page to bracket the plane picture and the text. None of the plane pictures seem to have a problem, yet the PNG "text" images seem to be treated incorrectly. Changing the height and width of the AVI file causes the "text" to be misplaced in different ways.

BTW: I converted the plane picture to a PNG file and the same problem resulted. I need to use PNG for the text for transparency and for the more than 256 colors.

Any ideas what is happening or most importantly how to fix this?

Thanks.

Misplacement.zip

More information:

I moved the graphics files and the PTE file to another computer running 8r.

• The rendered AVI file on 8r looks like what 8u rendered.
    On 8r, the O&A window matches the preview and the EXE but does not match the 8u preview and O&A window. It is slightly less wrong than the AVI file.

If anyone has 8z, can you test my files and tell me if this is fixed?

Dave

Dave,

I haven't tried to burn your example, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that your text images are treated as "original", whereas the plane images are "fit to slide". Try setting everything to "fit to slide".

Dave,

Igor has suggested that we not use the "original" option, particularly in the "root" of the object list. It is intended to be used to retain the "original" resolution of an image, regardless of the monitor resolution. If you do use it, it is suggested to make it a "child" of another image (probably the "main" image) which itself is set at "fit to slide". Then things should retain their proportionality under different viewing conditions.