WnSoft Forums

Multiple Monitors

barrygordon

I just found PTE and it does just what I want with one show stopping exception.

I have a Theater in my home controlled by a PC. I develop my own software for the PC and the PC runs the entire theater (lighting, component selection, switching, IR control etc.). I have been looking for a good slide show program and PTE fills the bill. It really is superb.

The PC, a Notebook, has 2 displays. The main display (display 1 (1024,768)) drives a 20" LCD monitor which shows what is going on control and selection wise. Display 2 is driven by a high resolution PCMCIA video card (1280x720 DVI)) and is fed into the system switcher/scaler (which is conrolled by the PC) and then to the Projector. For example, when I want to display the DVD library I place the text onto display 2, and switch the system so that the PC's Display 2 is the feed to the Projector.

I have been trying to figure out a way to have the PTE EXE display on display 2. From what I have determined it can not be done. I have tried putting a shortcut to the PTE exe on display 2, I have tried using ShellExecuteEX in my PC program to launch the PTE exe on display 2 (that is an option). Nothing works.

In V4.48 there was a setting for screen size. In my naive mind I thought if there was a setting for the upper left corner of the screen I might be able to do it (1024,0 is the upper left corner of Display 2 on my system). There is a set of API's that allows a program to determine the monitor's charachteristics, given the coordinate of a point on that display.

Is there any way to get the exe to show on display N of a multi monitor system?

Once that is resolved - Will the PTE exe accept windows messages or SendKeys sequences to allow another application to control the running of the program (Pause, prior, next, terminate). The only thing I have gotten to work is the API to terminate the process, but that has nothing to do with the PTE exe.

If the above can not be done now, is there any chance it might be in a future release? Multi Monitor situations are becoming very common in auditoriums, presentation rooms, conference rooms, and Home theaters.

well my tv is hooked up to the svhs output of my ati 2006 all in wonder card and when i play an exe to the tv it is full screen - i run a separate audio feed to the tv for the sound

also

when i play shows with wmp they are full screen on the tv even tho wmp is not set to full screen

it is how i have my ati card set up with monitor as main

ken