WnSoft Forums

Key for Delux PTE

Peter Coles

HELP

Having used PTE for ages, I thought I would upgrade to the delux verion as I need to make a couple of Sequences into DVDs.

I purchased the upgrade.

I followed the instructions:

Run PTE

Clicked "Help"

Clicked "Registration"

I cannot then find any reference to "Load key"

All I get is a box telling me how to buy PTE and what I get for my money.

So I clicked "continue".

Then "create DVD"

I am asked for the key and I am then told it is "Invalid or damaged"

HELP

................I am asked for the key and I am then told it is "Invalid or damaged"

HELP

Peter,

Maybe you are entering the wrong key - it's one designed just for VideoBuilder, and it's exactly 147 bytes in size. It's located in the VideoBuilder folder, and you select it when you are asked to do so after you click on "video" to create a DVD.

Hello Peter

I was faced with exactly the same problem just a couple of days ago, but instead of going on the forum I went to WnSoft Support copied to Igor. The submission was late evening but received a satisfactory response the following morning.

I had saved the Reg.txt attachment in my PTE 5.0 folder, so having slept on it I opened 5.00 beta #11A and clicked on the Video button. Selected "Create DVD disc" and received the invitation to load the registration key. This I did by browsing the PTE 5.0 folder and clicking on Reg.txt and the indication was that I had successfully registered.

The responses from Support and Igor followed. The team are probably enjoying a well earned weekend break at the moment so you may want to proceed with my method in para 2. You may also save a copy of the Reg.txt file and renaming it pte.key.

Hope this helps and best wishes.

Ron [uK]

Peter,

I had the same problem.

When you go to registration, click on the drop down menu

at the side and select Delux Upgrade. Proceed then to order.

Best wishes,

Roger

What "drop down menue"? All I see is a box informing me about PTE

I have already purchased the Delux Upgrade and obtained the key which when I try and apply in the video or DVD box I get "Invalid or damaged key"!

Peter

Have you read my post?

Ron [uK]

Peter,

Maybe you are entering the wrong key - it's one designed just for VideoBuilder, and it's exactly 147 bytes in size. It's located in the VideoBuilder folder, and you select it when you are asked to do so after you click on "video" to create a DVD.

Where is the VideoBuilder folder ?

Does this come down with the other key on purchasing the upgrade?

Hello Peter

I was faced with exactly the same problem just a couple of days ago, but instead of going on the forum I went to WnSoft Support copied to Igor. The submission was late evening but received a satisfactory response the following morning.

I had saved the Reg.txt attachment in my PTE 5.0 folder, so having slept on it I opened 5.00 beta #11A and clicked on the Video button. Selected "Create DVD disc" and received the invitation to load the registration key. This I did by browsing the PTE 5.0 folder and clicking on Reg.txt and the indication was that I had successfully registered.

The responses from Support and Igor followed. The team are probably enjoying a well earned weekend break at the moment so you may want to proceed with my method in para 2. You may also save a copy of the Reg.txt file and renaming it pte.key.

Hope this helps and best wishes.

Ron [uK]

"This I did by browsing the PTE 5.0 folder and clicking on Reg.txt and the indication was that I had successfully registered."

Now, when I do that I get "Invalid or damaged key"

Peter

when you unpack ver 5 beta 11 for example the contents of the folders look like the screenshots

video builder is an additional folder

if you try opening video builder exe and it is un registered it gives a dilect to direct it to where you have your registration key for the deluxe version and when it locates the key and registers it

in my case it was reg file and i directed it to where the reg key was --it accepted it and i was registered

ken

post-16-1178981237_thumb.jpg

post-16-1178981257_thumb.jpg