WnSoft Forums

The Perfect Day New show on Beechbrook

Paul T

Just a short presentation of a two day event at the Game & Country Fair show that took place in Norfolk at the end of April this year. The images have been set to the words in the music as best I was able. Any comments are welcome, and hope you enjoy the day out I captured as much as I did.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

I really enjoyed watching your show and it surprised me as I its not the type of subject matter that I thought I would be interested in. I really enjoyed the way you have captured an obviously very enjoyable day, it felt as though you were right in the "thick of it all". That type of photography is not as easy as it looks and photographing people and events as you have is one of the areas I can honestly say I don't enjoy. You obviously have the knack ;-) I think too your show (possibly quite timely) shows that even though its great to have all the pans and zooms of version 5 you can still put together a really enjoyable show that really just consists of solid photography an area that PTE developed its roots from.

Your music choice is perfect and music in my mind is just as important as the images to convey the right mood of your presentation. There was a portion of the song about 2/3 the way through where the music got faster for about 4 or 5 slide changes and the last couple of slides were action shots, this gave a really good combination and feel but I thought if throughout the whole faster section you had all action shots it would have been even better.

My only other comment concerns your last slide in the show, to me it sort of doesn't "fit" with the rest of the presentation in as much as its the last thing you remember about your show and in that context is out of context (if you know what I mean) I think it would be great somwhere else in the show to show the diversity of characters attending the event but that last image could have been something like maybe a child warn out and asleep from having so much fun during the day or some such similiar.

Nevertheless thankyou you for sharing the day and your excellent photography!

Regards

Andrew

Hi Paul

I really enjoyed watching your show and it surprised me as I its not the type of subject matter that I thought I would be interested in. I really enjoyed the way you have captured an obviously very enjoyable day, it felt as though you were right in the "thick of it all". That type of photography is not as easy as it looks and photographing people and events as you have is one of the areas I can honestly say I don't enjoy. You obviously have the knack ;-) I think too your show (possibly quite timely) shows that even though its great to have all the pans and zooms of version 5 you can still put together a really enjoyable show that really just consists of solid photography an area that PTE developed its roots from.

Your music choice is perfect and music in my mind is just as important as the images to convey the right mood of your presentation. There was a portion of the song about 2/3 the way through where the music got faster for about 4 or 5 slide changes and the last couple of slides were action shots, this gave a really good combination and feel but I thought if throughout the whole faster section you had all action shots it would have been even better.

My only other comment concerns your last slide in the show, to me it sort of doesn't "fit" with the rest of the presentation in as much as its the last thing you remember about your show and in that context is out of context (if you know what I mean) I think it would be great somwhere else in the show to show the diversity of characters attending the event but that last image could have been something like maybe a child warn out and asleep from having so much fun during the day or some such similiar.

Nevertheless thankyou you for sharing the day and your excellent photography!

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Thanks for you comments. I was interested regarding your comment about the last slide and agree with you entirely, I new it was misplaced, liked it but found it hard to make it fit in. I did not seem to have another image to link it together and create some form of continuity. However, I have decided to change it and create a more fitting conclusion.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

Very much enjoyed this sequence. Thought photography good and

was cleverly matched to the words. Not too much PTE5 effects.

Just would liked to have ambient sounds of the location in the

background.

Incidently was at Rayleigh to see you pick up your well deserved

prize for Eye.

Regards, Roger (of LCN fame!)