WnSoft Forums

file panel

targa912

I'm back after a month or so. Just sold my business so now I have time to play. Just dl PTE15. When I go to the full screen veiw in the file panel shouldn't I be able to rearrange the order of the slides? When I highlight a slide and try to move it instead of staying in the new location it jumps back to where it was. Am I missing something? I think I remember doing it in 4.48.

Bob W

Hi Bob – Welcome back

Ver. 5 Beta 15

Full View of File Panel - shows all images in a folder and cannot be re-arranged.

You must use Full View of Slide List - then they can be moved around and locked.

This was the same in 4.48

post-14-1180495662_thumb.jpg

Welcome back Bob.

When I go to the full screen veiw in the file panel shouldn't I be able to rearrange the order of the slides?

Just checked in PTE v4.48 and v5 beta15 and can only drag and drop images in the "slide list" not the "file panel" in full or normal screen.

You can rename in the "file panel" and the images will automatically reorder in alphabetical order in v5 haven't tested this in v4.48.

Note that you can also order the file list by date (from newest to oldest). This might help in some cases (e.g. travelogue, wedding, etc.)

I'm back after a month or so. Just sold my business so now I have time to play. Just dl PTE15. When I go to the full screen veiw in the file panel shouldn't I be able to rearrange the order of the slides? When I highlight a slide and try to move it instead of staying in the new location it jumps back to where it was. Am I missing something? I think I remember doing it in 4.48.

Bob W

That was it!!! Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob

I have the same problem

We call it the "Light Box"

In version 4 could sort slides quickly and easily

In Ver 5 i have not found a way to do it other than moving them back and forth along the slide order.

I have requested a response from Winsoft "suuport.

Hi Bob

I have the same problem

We call it the "Light Box"

In version 4 could sort slides quickly and easily

In Ver 5 i have not found a way to do it other than moving them back and forth along the slide order.

I have requested a response from Winsoft "suuport.

If you press F4 you will get a full screen of your images, and the size can be changed with the slider at the bottom of the screen. You can drag and drop a slide anywhere you want in this screen. F4 to exit.

Colin

There seems to be some confusion here, I hope I can shine some light on the subject, here goes.

In the "File Panel" the images can be rearranged by name, extension, date, size. Go to file>file list sort order to do this. Also the order can be from newest to oldest or the reverse order. When viewing the "File Panel" in full screen these options are not available. This is the same in PTE v5 as it was in v4.

In the "Slide List" in full screen the images can be dragged and dropped and recorded in this way in PTE v5 as they could in v4.