WnSoft Forums

Adding "video files" to a Video Builder project

dpearcePNG

Using V5 Beta 16, I'd like to add an AVI file created in a video editor. In the file browser window, the file is represented by a red X. If I add it to the project anyway and try to burn the project, it fails.

What does VideoBuilder mean by "video files" (Add Pictures2EXE project files of video files here)? Is it possible to an AVI file (or some other format) not created by P2E to a VideoBuilder project?

Thanks.

The only common thread I can find between AVI files Video Builder can import and the files it can't are the files it can import are AVI v1 and the ones it can't are AVI v2 files.

Are they're any other video files it can import? Any know how to convert AVI v2 to v1 files?

Dave

Guest Sergey

Current VideoBuilder version use AviFile interface to work with avi files. That is why not any avi file can be open by VideoBuilder. So if you see red cross instead of video this tells you that VideoBuilder can't read the file.

In the next version we'll strongly try to realize work with avi files using DirectShow.

Thanks.

The only common thread I can find between AVI files Video Builder can import and the files it can't are the files it can import are AVI v1 and the ones it can't are AVI v2 files.

Are they're any other video files it can import? Any know how to convert AVI v2 to v1 files?

Dave

Dave

I dont believe PTE can import any other video file formats, esp standalone types ... other than its own proprietary format . Its all a matter of codecs used in the compression and decompression of the file contents. I believe PTE uses only its raw data created to export to its own proprietary (dvd burn formats) or to other standalone type video formats ( certain codecs you must already have installed.)

What you may try is to get your video editor to export to the PTEs format ... if thats at all possible.

heres a old topic:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....mp;hl=avi+codec

Dave,

I stand corrected.

Follow Sergey's post above as the definitive answer ... as he is part of PTE Dev Team. ;)

If you can get v1 AVI files imported into PTE at this time ... can you get your video editor program to export to that format ?

nobeefstu, I want to thank you for referancing Sergey's comment; I had totally overlooked it. :(

Sergey your mention of the AviFile series of functions was the clue I needed. I found this website (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/im/en/doxygen/group__avi.html) which helped me convert the file.

I used MediaCoder (http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/) to convert the files. It will actually use the VOB files from a DVD directly along with many other formats. I found that if I converted the file to an AVI container using a format of "MS-MPEG4-V2" with an audio encoder or "Waveform", Video Builder would import the file.

Thanks again for a great product. This was the last step in a pair of presentations containing over 500 pictures and about 6 months of work without a single crash!

Dave