WnSoft Forums

Button won't work

fotografer

I am a relative P2E newby and have created a show that I want to have a button to open a pdf file. It works fine in the preview mode, but after creating the presentation, it won't.

What am I doing wrong or is there something that I'm not addressing in creating the link? :lol:

I'm using version 4.0 on XP home.

Thanks for any help/

fotografer, welcome.

It depends how you made the link. I assume you used "Run application or open file" action under the button. If you wrote full path of the pdf file it should work. But you probably wrote only file name, so the program is looking for the file in the same folder where your compiled (exe) show is. If this is the case, just put your pdf file in the same folder of your exe. When you distribute your show you should include the pdf file too. and better not to write the full path.

Granot

Hi, Fotografer

Welcome to the Forum!

I tried a quick test and found that it worked fine for me, both under "Preview" and ".exe" mode.

I was able to open up the pdf file while the music was starting up, view it, close it, and then go on with the show as if nothing had happened.

Try playing around with the options (e.g. disable the timing for slides and put in a navigation bar, etc.) and see if that helps.

I did find that once when I tried it with custom timing for each slide, the closing of the pdf file interfered with the transition (maybe I hit the close button at the same time as the transition was taking effect.)

To indicate pdf file name, I set the pathname for the pdf file using the "browse" capability available in PTE.

Thanks for the advice and the welcome - finally, after turning off the syncronize with music it worked! :lol:

It is a 10 minute/225 image show and waiting for it to finish each time to check the link was getting tiring - as the button link is on the last slide. I wouldn't have thought that changing another parameter could take care of the problem - Thanks again!

fotografer,

Glad you found your remedy.

Yes its true .... using the SYNC mode it disables all object/button - access/links.

I believe Igor may implement some limited access (last slide)in some future release. I imagine the original thought here was that when producing a auto playing (sync)show ... why is there the need of any user input/ mouse activity. There is the other modes in which to perform the functions needed.