WnSoft Forums

Preview slide in Photoshop

I have always used the 'Ctrl+W' keys to preview a slide in Photoshop. Now, when I use these keys, the preview just shows up in the 'Windows Picture & Fax Viewer'

Anmyone know how to restore it so the preview is in Photoshop?

Ron West

Hi Ron

I have just tried this and it seems to work.

Right click on a jpeg (any jpeg), choose properties at the bottom of the menu, in section 'Opens with' select 'Change' choose Adobe photoshop, make sure 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked, click 'ok' then 'apply' now 'ctrlw' should open the slide in photoshop.(And clicking on any jpeg will now open it in photoshop too)

Hope this is clear

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that information. I have done as you suggest and it seems to work OK now. However, I could not find this bit, ' make sure 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked. I am using CS2, if that makes any difference.

Ron

Hi Ron

make sure 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is ticked.

This was an option when you chose photoshop as the programme to open your jpegs. but I think this option was greyed out anyway, so it probably defaults to this setting.

Glad it worked for you.

Kind regards

paul