WnSoft Forums

Panning text

I like the page effect with text. With the newly released program I want to combine it with panning. I just produced a sample text of three lines. Some of the letters seem to "vibrate" during the panning. How can I avoid it? Sorry, if this question was asked before. Then, I would kindly ask you to point me to the answer.

Test_with_text___3_lines_panning_Jun21_2007_21_56_09.zip

Hartmut,

The problem is that the text is too sharp. Try creating text with the "smooth" anti-aliasing option in Photoshop.

At what monitor "resolution" (in pixels) are you viewing the show? When I view your example at 1680x1050, the movement is much more smooth than when viewing at 1280x768. So, if you are viewing at this size (or 1024x768), then perhaps you should resize the images to the same size.

If the images are very sharp, and there is a lot of interpolation going on in order to match the screen size, then you will see this kind of "jumping" or "shimmer", expecially if the movement is very slow. Speed up the motion, and use less-sharp text, and you will hardly see it at all.

Hartmut, your texts letters are 72 dpi, try 300 dpi.

"Dpi" has absolutely nothing to do with it. This is a common myth that pops up every so often - dpi only applies to scanning or printing, or for determining how large an image will look on a certain monitor. As long as they are the same size, the text will look exactly the same at 300 dpi as at 72. :)

Hi to all of you,

I really like this forum and I hope that one day I can contribute something to the answering side instead of just asking questions. Thank you for all your advice and for your patience with me. I enjoy using PTE combined with Photoshop and I will try out your advice this weekend especially with smooth text combined with anti-alias.

(Friday afternoon) I just followed your advice, Al. and used smooth with anti-alias. It works and looks nice. Thanks again for helping me.