WnSoft Forums

Photos of Fireworks

shito

Hello to the community of PTE

I will have to make a Show in which i would like to include photo of city Hall with fireworks.

Does somebody have few fireworks photos in PNG format ?

As you know it little bit complicated to take photos with fireworks.

Many thank for help.

My best regards

Ken,

Thank you for your fast reply, what does Hawk hunt ? Wolf or female in night club , this is a jog.

I have picture of building in the night, How can i add firework onto my slide ? Have you already

done that kind of slide. I know it is better to take the photos in the real conditions, too much

people around and not higher point above people.

Could you advice me .

I have made my first show with PTE5, it is 67 Mb size , I will upload next week onto the server

you can get it and, I will appreciate comments and feed back , unfortunatly the audio is in French

My best regards

HAWK IS HIS NICKNAME:)

he works long hours - he will have to answer you

i cant help you with fireworks

some of our adobe hot shots should be able to help you though -- they doctor picts all the time:)

maybe if Igor had some spare time he could come up with a translator program:)

we await your show

ken

FIREWORKS DISPLAYS

Shito,

Go 'On-Line' to Google and type in "New Years Fireworks" ~ This will bring you to 'London New Year Fireworks'

and further down the Browser you will find 'Sydney New Year Fireworks" --> select Gallery and there are quite

a number of excellent 800x600 pixel Fireworks PhotoShots. They are so good they can be enlarged.

The PhotoShots are 'Free' Public Domain Property so you don't have Copyright issues.

Sample Photo "Attachment" below,Enlarged to 1024x683...Enjoy...

Brian.Conflow

post-1416-1183765803_thumb.jpg

shito

Here is a few samples, couple taken the other evening.

If you wish to e-mail me I can put together what I have for you to use.

If you pick any, I will convert to .png if you prefer.

Not a photographer by all means, but have a collection of some lucky shots.

post-14-1183777626_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183780271_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183777580_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183780289_thumb.jpg

shito

Here is a few samples, couple taken the other evening.

If you wish to e-mail me I can put together what I have for you to use.

If you pick any, I will convert to .png if you prefer.

Not a photographer by all means, but have a collection of some lucky shots.

post-14-1183777626_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183780271_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183777580_thumb.jpg

post-14-1183780289_thumb.jpg

Ralph,

Nice shots there Ralph ~ normally I would use my 'Pentax Film Camera' to get those shots ~ I never had

any luck with Digital Camera's and Fireworks (too much smear). As a matter of curiosity what set-up did

you use ? I know thats a cheeky question but I'm off to see "The Rhine in Flames" in August and I don't

particularily want to bring my 'Pentax Photo-Kit' ~ too bulky and too valuable, its an origional Spotmatic.

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Brian.Conflow.

hello ,

Thank you for your samples, and could you produce for me 2 or 3 photos in png. format ,

I would like to make some tests.

In the past I used my SLR film camera to take that kind of pictures ( Not so nice shots ) now

with Digital camera it is different.

My best regards

Hi Brian

Thanks for the comment.

No secret here! I have a Nikon 4500 digital, I simply use my tripod and set to "Fireworks" mode.

This auto sets the camera for landscape - no flash

Once a couple of fireworks are set off, looking through the preview screen I get an idea as to height and set - no zoom.

When I hear the (hiss) as they are lit, I click the shutter.

I just keep clicking through the entire show. Out of about 60 shots I would say I end up with about 45 - 50 decent ones.

On this setting "Fireworks mode" the shutter speed is slow (3-4 seconds?) long enough to capture the burst.

The last outing the other evening (Canada Day) they were set off rather rapidly so it was a matter of just keep clicking the shutter. Between each shot it does take about 10 seconds to digitalize and save the image.

A tripod is a definite must have.

Not a photographer - just a happy clicker!

Hi Brian

Thanks for the comment.

No secret here! I have a Nikon 4500 digital, I simply use my tripod and set to "Fireworks" mode.

This auto sets the camera for landscape - no flash

Once a couple of fireworks are set off, looking through the preview screen I get an idea as to height and set - no zoom.

When I hear the (hiss) as they are lit, I click the shutter.

I just keep clicking through the entire show. Out of about 60 shots I would say I end up with about 45 - 50 decent ones.

On this setting "Fireworks mode" the shutter speed is slow (3-4 seconds?) long enough to capture the burst.

The last outing the other evening (Canada Day) they were set off rather rapidly so it was a matter of just keep clicking the shutter. Between each shot it does take about 10 seconds to digitalize and save the image.

A tripod is a definite must have.

Many Thanks Ralph,

I got the general idea ~ You are using a damn good Camera with a superb Lens ~ I must say that confirms

my suspicions. Small point & shoot Digital Cameras are simply not up to the job irrespective of their Cost and

performance claims. At the end of the day it all boils down to the Lens ~ whats new ? if it can't capture the light

no amount of sophisticated Electronics will ever resolve the image !

With the Pentax I would have used 2-3 secs at F8 or F16 with a 28mm WA.Lens depending on subject-distance

and ASA.Film speed to suit the occassion and a good Tripod and Lens Shield to cut out foreground lighting.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction and reaffirming what I had forgotten, I need a good kick in the....

Brian.Conflow.

I liked number 1 very much.

Very nice results Brian for a happy clicker. :)

We went the "the Rhein in Flames" a few years ago Brian.

It is a great spectacle and I have lots of slides somewhere I took there.

Unfortunately the year we went the hillside caught fire, so they couldn't float the candles & make the Rhein on flames, as the fire brigade were too busy putting out the serious fire ! :o

You should have a great time.

Loved Hawk's fireworks pictures too.

Busy getting prints done here for Exhibitions & organising some Internationals for next year....

Love M

I took my camera to the local display the other night and posted some on my Blog. I used a 20D, ISO 100, 24-70 lens set at 24mm, f/16, and shutter set to bulb. I used a tripod and a remote shutter release. It was too much fun! It was a spectacular display. When I'd see the firework start up in the sky, I'd click the shutter open, and hold it open until there were more fireworks to fill in the area of the sky I was aimed at, or if there was just one explosion, I would close the shutter after a few seconds. If many were being set off, I would release it sooner so explosions would not cover each other up as being overexposed. I had the camera set to take vertical shots because I wanted the light trails going up to the explosion and also to show height in the sky. Painting with light!

~Cindy

Hi, Hawks

Thank you for you pictures of fireworks, I waited for 14 July to reply, I have soved my problem

with building and fireworks. As i said the purpose was not to see the fireworks but to show the buiding

under new lighting. I took the pictures with my camera with tripod, it is not excellent as I expected

( I do not have yet reflex camera but using compact Samsun NV10 . please find below my link to see

somes pictures.

http://quarks-ajm.blogspot.com/

Let me knows comments of professional

My best regards

Welcome to the forum Michel and thanks for posting your PTE slideshow on the Strasbourg fireworks.

I enjoyed the way you used the music and sound effects to match the images, thanks again.

shito

I did view your images and a very nice job you did indeed.

Glad you accomplished what you set out to achieve.

Michel

What else can I say, but a completely outstanding presentation!.

Nice demonstration of sound over.

Great sound effects and fantastic images.

Thanks for sharing.

Noticed this was your first post, hope to see more of your creations.