WnSoft Forums

No navigation bar

Dave

I have Advanced, Show Navigation Bar checked, and certain buttons are selected. I have a Home (Main Menu) page screen with buttons that link to other projects. The Navigation bar appears on my Home page, but when other projects are selected through buttons, the navigation bar does not appear in those projects. When I run those projects directly (through Explorer) the navigation bar still does not appear.

Dave

Guest guru

Bill, I think the Dave's problem is different.

Dave,

you said in another topic your presentations linked with main menu page are synchronized. When you make a show synchronized with the soundtrack (by time-line) you cannot any way control it by manual commands, nor use the navigation bar!

You're right again. I tested sychronizing the music on "customize" across timed points, hoping that if I manually stopped a slide in the middle of the presentation that the software would move the music to the slide that it synchronized with at that pointin time. But of course, the navigation bar still didn't come up. Therefore, am I correct to assume that I have to make a trade off? If I want the navigation bar to allow my viewers to manually control the slide show, that I have to let the music end abruptly when the show ends? Otherwise, I can't figure out how to fade out the music at the last slide.

This is my last bug to figure out, then I'm ready to burn CD's.

Dave

Hi Dave - Guido flagged the right point for your shows from the other topic thread - you are using synchronized music. And yes you have to make a choice as the software stands right now: Synchronized music with no navigation, or unsynchronized music with navigation. If you want a fade on last slide then synchronized play is the only way to be positive it happens.

There is an alternative that isn't very accurate - use unsynchronized music that happens to end during last picture, with navigation bar enabled. If the viewer does not pause the show it can end approximately with the music. Per-slide timing is not (yet) by "real-time" in P2E shows, so the time per slide varies with machine read-in and decompression speed metrics that will differ between computers. This approach is likely to miss the desired timing.

Another approach for an unsynchronized show with navigation bar is to use the "Customize" feature on last slide, "start new music" feature in music tab. This can start a special, end-show music track that is timed to end with both that slide and the show itself. You can build a special fading into that slide's music. The music that was playing from previous slides will end abruptly once last slide starts, but there aren't any clicks or pops in sound this way. And the show ending has your fading music.

Igor has requests to allow full pausing, music and all in the future. A pause of sound and music would be not preferable to me in that sound suddenly stops. Yet if I have to answer the phone I would like to have full pause anyway.... And then if you paused all and navigated, the music would have to start playing at a totally different place in a synchronized show. This would be complex and may surprise a viewer adversely.

Guest guru

Dave, both the advices Thinkbox gave you are very clever and suitable. I prefer the "second approach", but it's more difficult to actualize.

Anyhow I think you can both ways satisfactorily solve your problem.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Based on the number of projects embedded in my whole show, I don't have the time to edit all the mp3's and PTE's, and then debug for Q/A. I think I'll go with navigation bar and let the music end where it does. I have already done your first suggestion and edited the mp3 for length to match the slide show length, and put fade-outs in, but like you said, that will only be appreciated if the user lets the show run to the end. So be it for now. Thanks again for taking the time to help me solve these problems.

Dave