WnSoft Forums

Project Option Not Being Applied

Lostpixels

I wanted to start this question over on it's own thread, it was getting lost in the other thread.

I have been trying to change the background color and add a drop show to images in my show but these Project Options are not taking effect. Transitions Effects are working, Full Screen and windowed is working but changing the background color and drop shadows are not being applied when closing the Project Options window.

It is not working with custom colors or any of the color within the color checker, red, white, blue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Are you adding these images as additional objects to a slide ? As their is not Drop Shadow effects for images/objects added.

As for setting changes not taking effect ... make sure you use the CUSTOMIZE SLIDE button on the main window interface... and most important make sure the "check box" is enabled "Use Customized setting for this slide" for that slide.

nobeefstu:

I thought that if I set the background color and drop shadow options in the Project Options window that it would effect all the images in the show, which is what I want. It seems that what you are suggesting would mean that I would have to customize each image one at a time.

Mark

Mark,

Using the PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN tab will set ALL your Slides to those settings you select.

Using my previous comment made of "Customize Slide" button ... allows you to incorporate various color/schemes on per a Slide basis other that default setting you made for ALL.

Note: When using a Windowed Mode Setting ... and your Images are sized exactly to the WINDOW ... there wont be any background color possible, as there no place to put this color within the WINDOW.Also you dont get "Drop Shadows in Window Mode Settings ... again this a limitation and not a bug/error.

Only in FullScreen Mode can you apply Drop Show effects per the main Slide image ... and not added objects. This Drop Shadow is for ALL Slides ... and "not" selective per a slide basis. As for Background color ... this is set by default in PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN tab or selectable on per a slide basis thru the Customize Slide Button. If your Images "FILL the SCREEN" ... again this is a limitation, as their is no screen space left to supply a Background Color.

nobeefstu:

Using the PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN tab will set ALL your Slides to those settings you select.

Using my previous comment made of "Customize Slide" button ... allows you to incorporate various color/schemes on per a Slide basis other that default setting you made for ALL.

This is how I understood that this all worked but it was not working in this manor. Some options that I was applying in the Project Options window were not being applied at all, namely background color and adding a drop shadow in the full screen mode. When I went and began to turn on the Customize Slide button feature for each image after doing the first eight or ten slides all of a sudden the options that I had choosen in the Project Options window were now applied to the entire show, weird.

Note: When using a Windowed Mode Setting ... and your Images are sized exactly to the WINDOW ... there wont be any background color possible, as there no place to put this color within the WINDOW.Also you dont get "Drop Shadows in Window Mode Settings ... again this a limitation and not a bug/error.

Understood, I only expected to see drop shadows in the full screen mode.

It is all working correctly now but for the better part of the day it was acting very strange.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

One thing to note in selecting default values - if you have customized a slide, changing the default will not affect that slide's settings. It would be nice if there were an option in PTE to globally reset all slides to the default values, without having to manually reset each one.

Al

You may have missed that setting to restore ALL SLIDES to DEFAULT values :blink:

Check under SLIDES drop down menu

Select : APPLY DEFAULT SETTINGS TO ALL SLIDES

Sometimes I even find new things ... or forget where they are currently located within version interface changes

Thanks, nobeefstu,

I had missed that one! Thanks for pointing it out to me. I always said that it's a dull day when you don't learn something new! :blink: