WnSoft Forums

Sticking transitions and animations

rc.kirby

Hi, I'm a bit of a p2E rooky. At one part of my show the transitions and animations appear to stick. i.e. jumps from one slide to the next without transition or animations. It seems to be at about the same in the shows duration as I have changed the position of the slides but the effect stays in the same place. I'm using P2E5.03, Windows xp, on a Dell SmartPC Laptop.

Any ideas.

ripigio

ripigio,

Welcome to the Forum!

Please provide more details about the parameters and design of your show (how large are the image files, music - what type, etc.) Also the specs for your laptop (amount of RAM, processor speed, amount of video RAM, etc.)

If your image files are too large and occur too close together, sometimes the pc's processor can't handle the load and some desired transitions could be skipped over. Also, sometimes it is necessary to close down all other non-essential processes to make more resources available for the slideshow program.

Welcome ripigio,

Please follow Als post above.

Since your comment :

It seems to be at about the same in the shows duration as I have changed the position of the slides but the effect stays in the same place.

I can only add for you to specify if single music/sound files or multiple are used ? Other users have had similar issue when using multiple music files. If using multiple music ... check to see if the issue ocurrs at spot the music changes. Shift music around to verify if needed. Better yet ... combine multiple music files into one file and check.

Hi, I'm a bit of a p2E rooky. At one part of my show the transitions and animations appear to stick. i.e. jumps from one slide to the next without transition or animations. It seems to be at about the same in the shows duration as I have changed the position of the slides but the effect stays in the same place. I'm using P2E5.03, Windows xp, on a Dell SmartPC Laptop.

Any ideas.

ripigio

Hi Ripigio,

I had the exact same problem and my machine is a 2gig P4 with Gforce 6800.

I found that in my case the same problems occured and I didn't even have any music loaded in to SS.

As it turned out my file\s sizes were way too big. Problem went away and back to Smooooooooth transitions

after reducing the file sizes. In my case I was for some slideshows using images of 300+ DPI and file sizes of 4 to 15meg.

You can imaging the havoc this created...LOL

I now use and am still experimenting with images at 72 DPI file sizes of about 600kb and my images look great.

I've only been here on this group for only a couple of weeks and I must warn you.

Your going to smothered with kindness, help, hints and suggestions so be warned!

Mario

ripigio,

Welcome to the Forum!

Please provide more details about the parameters and design of your show (how large are the image files, music - what type, etc.) Also the specs for your laptop (amount of RAM, processor speed, amount of video RAM, etc.)

If your image files are too large and occur too close together, sometimes the pc's processor can't handle the load and some desired transitions could be skipped over. Also, sometimes it is necessary to close down all other non-essential processes to make more resources available for the slideshow program.

Thanks Al,

I'm using 2.4gHz Pentium 4, 1024 Mb installed memory, Mobility M6 32Mb display adaptor.

All slides edited with PS cs and saved as jpeg using "Save for Web" with around 300 Kb setting.

Have disabled non-essentials with Run > mscofig - startup and services. Problem still the same.

ripigio

... Mobility M6 32Mb display adaptor.

That may be the source of your trouble - PTE v.5 requires at least 64 Mb of VRAM, and a minimum of 128 is recommended for smooth running of some of the more complex sequences. You should also check to ensure you are running Direct X 8.1 or higher (see "Systemrequirements" section of "Help" menu in PTE v.5.3).

You could try reducing the image sizes even more (say to 50 - 100 kb per image) to see if that makes any difference.

Welcome ripigio,

Please follow Als post above.

Since your comment :

I can only add for you to specify if single music/sound files or multiple are used ? Other users have had similar issue when using multiple music files. If using multiple music ... check to see if the issue ocurrs at spot the music changes. Shift music around to verify if needed. Better yet ... combine multiple music files into one file and check.

Thanks nobeefstu,

I have two sound tracks, one music, one sound effects but mixed together into one mp3 file using Audacity.

ripigio

Any ideas.

ripigio

Thanks to all, I will try your suggestions.

ripigio