WnSoft Forums

Fading the comments

JohnB

I need to be able to display image titles (taken from the file names) for a show of about 600 images and don't want to have to type all the image titles, some of which are in Latin and would need much care.

I've had no problems getting a good looking title (pleasing font and colour) for each image using the comments feature in both p2e4 and p2e5, but is there a way to make the comment display fade away after, say, 4 or 5 seconds? Normally it stays on during the entire display of the image sometimes obscuring part of it.

I've tried to use the daughter image feature in p2e5, but couldn't find a way of getting the comment text into the daughter.

I expect I'm missing something obvious, but could someone help?

johnB

I've had no problems getting a good looking title (pleasing font and colour) for each image using the comments feature in both p2e4 and p2e5, but is there a way to make the comment display fade away after, say, 4 or 5 seconds? Normally it stays on during the entire display of the image sometimes obscuring part of it.

I've tried to use the daughter image feature in p2e5, but couldn't find a way of getting the comment text into the daughter.

johnB

John,

In O&A, just hilite the comment & set the animation points to coincide to when you want the fade to start and end, using opacity for fading.

To get the comment text as a daughter, hilite / select the "prime" pic and click Add Text to create a text daughter

Harvey

John,

In O&A, just hilite the comment & set the animation points to coincide to when you want the fade to start and end, using opacity for fading.

To get the comment text as a daughter, hilite / select the "prime" pic and click Add Text to create a text daughter

Harvey

Harvey,

Thank you, I felt sure it would be obvious once it was pointed out. By bad luck, I had added the comment after I had finished with o&a page so never spotted that the comment appeared on that page!

John