WnSoft Forums

intro and 1st show

pedro.silva

greetings!

i've owned a licence to pte for a while, but only started playing with it recently. i'd like to share my first multislide show (my other shows, inspired by lin's great ones, involved only panning and zooming a single large pano, and are quite heavy). this one finally involves several slides, and there are 2 versions of it, the lite one should be gentler on your ram and video card (the difference is in a single slide). the subject is a small tower that used to belong to an oil refinery since closed. it was smelly and ugly, but was renovated a few years ago, and is now nicely integrated in its new surroundings and quite photogenic.

here it is: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/peterpano/TorreGalp_lite.zip and http://pwp.netcabo.pt/peterpano/TorreGalp.zip .

i've used this as an means to learn some pte. it's been a very steep learning curve, but it's been a lot of fun!

it goes without saying (but i'll say it anyway), i could not have done any of this without the help of the forum regulars, whose tutorials and replies i've begun to study. so, a big thanx to you!

i'm not too unhappy about the show (about 12mb either version), but would welcome comments, especially if critical.

cheers,

pedro

[edited aug 16 2007 to include filesize]

Pedro,

Welcome to the Forum!

That looks like a real plumber's paradise and you have captured it quite well! The twirling images are reminders of the turning of the many valves in what must have been an engineering marvel in its day. The addition of some sound would enhance this effect. Thanks for sharing it with us.

neil and others,

thanx for your comments. i gather the visual part has not shocked anyone as exagerated or tacky, or too poor.

ok, you have convinced me, i'll try to work on some sound. for now though, i suggest john cage's classic piece 4'33" (it has just the right duration too :lol: )

cheers,

pedro

ps. if you don't know it, you can learn about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3 .

ok, you have convinced me, i'll try to work on some sound. for now though, i suggest john cage's classic piece 4'33" (it has just the right duration too :lol: )

Pedro, I like the way you think, must use that music behind one of my shows one-day. :D:D

Your use of some nice "cut & paste" transitions was impressive and original. The subject appealed to me as I like industrial photography. The colours and textures of metal, particularly when ageing is attractive. Well done for a first multi-slide show.

However I do agree with the others that your AV show does cry out for some soundtrack, (it is after all an Audio/Visual). Could I suggest you try "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd, (on their "Wish You Were Here" CD).