WnSoft Forums

DVD-VideoBuilder

MervynWigg

I have made several attempts at putting two slide shows (total 1.2GB) on one DVD-RW. The first will always run on TV, the second will not open. Both run on PC. Both shows run on TV when burnt seperately.

I drag both project thumbnails into Project window (as per the excellent tutorial from Lin and Jeff, for which very many thanks) title them, give project name and then all appears to proceed normally through the burn process.

Am I perhaps missing something?

Freddy.

Freddy,

Have you tried buring your multi-show DVD on DVD-R or DVD+R discs ?

Your DVD Player might not be able to play DVD-RW rewritable media correctly.

Thanks for your reply. The DVD-RW plays OK until I try to run the second show. Today I have burnt that second show as the opening show and followed that by a new show as second on DVD-RW (still with me?!) Both played perfectly!! The two shows I particularly want to get on single DVD as 99th b'day present for my mother will not combine but will each run as single show on separate DVD-RW.

Crazy or what?

Freddy.

Freddy,

... will not combine but will each run as single show on separate DVD-RW. Crazy or what?

It is somewhat strange behavior ... esp since you got the second multi-show DVD to play correctly.

I gather you have tried to repoduce the first multi-show on another/new DVD-RW and ended with the same issue of failure to play second show ?

With all the different burners, all the different disc formats, all the different brands of discs, and all the different pc configurations involved in the production ... its amazing more issues or failures have not occurred when playing on all the different tv/video players out there worldwide.

Freddy,

It is somewhat strange behavior ... esp since you got the second multi-show DVD to play correctly.

I gather you have tried to repoduce the first multi-show on another/new DVD-RW and ended with the same issue of failure to play second show ?

With all the different burners, all the different disc formats, all the different brands of discs, and all the different pc configurations involved in the production ... its amazing more issues or failures have not occurred when playing on all the different tv/video players out there worldwide.

Is there an issue with VideoBuilder?

I have burnt 3 slideshows totalling 1.4GB on single DVD-RW using Nero which all play and run on TV. Using the same disc and the same shows they will not run when burnt with VideoBuilder. The disk is recognised and the chapters show but will not open, but when I limit the shows to 0.98GB in total size they work!

The reason for using DVD-RW is I want to check the whole program which has some cross references to see if they work before final burn on DVD-R.

Any comments and thoughts please.

Freddy.

Freddy,

Is there an issue with VideoBuilder?

I have not experienced the multi show DVD-RW behavior that you are having issue with.

My recent test of 2 shows (total 1.84 G) on a DVD+RW disc have played correctly on two different tv/video players.

Some other users may have the same issue as you ... but I have not seen any posts/reports of it.

* I prefer to use DVD+RW discs vs DVD-RW discs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_plus_RW

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-...erior-to-DVD-RW

* I prefer to use DVD+RW discs vs DVD-RW discs

Thanks again for your comments.

I am in fact using DVD+RW, I used the - sign automatically without thinking. Pleased to say that having been able to check the results of 2 slideshows by using Nero, the final burn on DVD-R using VB is fine - and better quality.

Thanks again for your interest.

Freddy.