WnSoft Forums

Use Win XP's Titles?

RobertL

I frequently have scores of images of a single subject. There are two ways I can name each image: by the Windows file name, and/or by the "Title" under the Win XP Properties/Summary area for each image.

Using the Windows file names would require coming up with 70 or 80 different "names" for York Minster, for example, in order to avoid having multiple files with the same name in a single folder. (York Minster1, York Minster2, etc. is not an acceptable option.)

Using the Titles provided by the Win XP file system would allow me to keep the file names assigned by the camera software, DSC00256, DSC00381, etc. and fill in multiple XP titles with identical content, "York Minster, West End" for 16 images, for example.

The question is, does PTE have access to the XP "Titles" so that those XP titles could be used for titles in a slide show?

I am a relatively new user, but I have prowled through the program and through the forums looking for an answer to this problem.

Thanks,

Bob

p.s. In my forum searches I noticed a lot of posts by people looking for good image file management software. IMatch from PHotools is a very good one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum Bob, you will find lots of help and advice here.

This thread my be better posted in the general "PicturesToExe" area where I'm sure you will get more replies. "Tutorials and Articles" here. :)