WnSoft Forums

Show is back

bogaertb

Hello forum,

I'm trying out PTE5 now that all these nice features have been introduced. However when trying to preview the show I only get a black screen. I thought I read something on the forum about that but I don't seem to find it. I reduced the show to only 2 animated objects but still the same. When generating an AVI file, all ik OK.

I first thought it was due to the dual-screen system I'm using now but when switchingto only 1 screen the result was just the same.

Has anyone encountered such a "problem"?

Regards, Bart

Bart,

I encounter the same problem at times on my dual-monitor desktop system. It appears to be intermittent, and clears up when I re-boot. I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason for it, and it only occurs once in a while.

I find that when it does occur, if I close PTE and open the task manager, PTE shows up in the list as still open. But even if I close PTE in the task manager, and try to run it again, it hangs up again at the opening slide. Even if I use "EndItAll" to close all other non-essential processes, it still occurs until after I re-boot.

This also occurs sometimes when I open a PTE "exe" file to run someone else's show. So far I have assumed that there is some minor glitch in the way my system is set up, as recently it is not happening as often as before.

Al,

Thanks for the feedback but in the mean time I found it. The problem was caused by 2 action point at the same moment in the animation part. I only noticed when I opened O&A again and selected the main slide where I spotted a red 00:00.000.

Removing one was enough to start the preview.

Regards, Bart