WnSoft Forums

Buttons in Video Builder

Geoff Jackson

Hello, I've just upgraded to Deluxe and I am impressed with the quality of the videos it can make. However, I want to put 12 slide shows on 1 DVD and would prefer to have a menu with 12 buttons on, possibly just text buttons and no pictures.

Are there any templates that can be downloaded that have more than 4 buttons on a menu page? Or, is it possible to make my own?

Thanks for any advice.

Geoff

Hello Ken

Many thanks for your reply, it has pointed me in the right direction. I had a quick attempt at changing the ini file and it worked, but to get rid of the picture buttons I guess that I will have to make them 2 x 2 pixels as I can't delete them. I should be able to do what I want now I have that information. I will try it tomorrow as it's getting past my bed time here in the UK.

Geoff

I can't find my options.ini file anywhere....could someone steer me? I checked using other instructions. My templates file does not show any option.ini.. jongru

I can't find my options.ini file anywhere....could someone steer me? I checked using other instructions. My templates file does not show any option.ini.. jongru

What I did was to click on "Templates" then "add template" which lets you save the currently selected template under a different name. You can then see where it is being saved. Go to this location in windows explorer, click on the options.ini file and you will see the count which you can change then save the file.

I can't tell you anymore than that as I have only just found out myself thanks to Ken's information.

Geoff.

Geoff,

but to get rid of the picture buttons I guess that I will have to make them 2 x 2 pixels as I can't delete them.

-First find a rectangular button image you like or make one. Use .png files if you want transparency features. You can also find/copy some from your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Buttons to use. Dont select the oval buttons unless you know how to map the transparent sections ... Ill see what I can come up with ... later.

*You will need a normal image and a hover image if using animated menus.

-Place the image(s) into your new menu template folder.

-Open the Options .ini and locate these 2 lines :

[Frame]

Image= * paste the name of your normal image here.

and

H_Image= *paste the name of your hover image here.

You should now have buttons in your menu view instead of the slide show image.

What I did was to click on "Templates" then "add template" which lets you save the currently selected template under a different name. You can then see where it is being saved. Go to this location in windows explorer, click on the options.ini file and you will see the count which you can change then save the file.

I can't tell you anymore than that as I have only just found out myself thanks to Ken's information.

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff,

Found the Options.ini file.....Are the a limit as to the total buttons or pictures that can be used on the opening template of the DVD?

jongru4,

Please remember that you need not add additional buttons to the Default Templates to have/add additional slide shows to the DVD menu.

Example: If you selected a 4 button Default Template and had 12 slide shows to add ... the DVD menu would have 3 pages of the 4 button Default Template to accomodate the 12 slide shows. You have to righ-click inside the menu template view window to be able to see/access the additional menu pages by using the Next Page'Previous Page in the pop-up window.

jongru4,

Please remember that you need not add additional buttons to the Default Templates to have/add additional slide shows to the DVD menu.

Example: If you selected a 4 button Default Template and had 12 slide shows to add ... the DVD menu would have 3 pages of the 4 button Default Template to accomodate the 12 slide shows. You have to righ-click inside the menu template view window to be able to see/access the additional menu pages by using the Next Page'Previous Page in the pop-up window.

Thanks for the tips nobeefstu, I am getting a good feel for the video and dvd capability of ver 5.0. I was reading that a lot of users had problems seeing more than one slideshow at a time....is that a special issue still? Please explain why they are having that problem. Do you have to use the 4 button templates or just change the number in the *.ini...appreciater your help....

jongru4,

I was reading that a lot of users had problems seeing more than one slideshow at a time....is that a special issue still?

Most occasions of this reported issue were due to disc type/disc brand incompatability with the DVD Player system. DVD Players are not as forgiving and flexable as DVD Writers when it comes to playing/reading certain disc types/disc brands. All DVD Players and DVD Writers are not created equal .... esp so in the older models. Its best to stick with DVD+R or DVD-R discs for best compatability.

Do you have to use the 4 button templates or just change the number in the *.ini

Most times you do not need to "change the number in the *.ini" ... unless you want a custom look/design to your Menu Template. All the buttons do not have to placed on the first displayed page of the Menu Template. Any additional shows required beyond the templates design are placed on the next page of the menu template.

Example :

-A 4 button template only displays the amount of shows you imported upto 4 buttons(shows) per menu page. Therefore 3 shows imported would only display 3 buttons on a 4 button template. If 6 shows were imported you would have 2 pages of the menu ... one page with 4 buttons(shows) and the second page with 2 buttons(shows).

* You only need to add more buttons per a menu template page if you want a custom look of your menu display. A 2 button template can accept any number of shows as well as a 4 button, etc template can. Its all in the design look you want to achieve ... and how many menu pages you want or dont want to have.