WnSoft Forums

New to Pics 2 exe

Miles

As a newcomer to the application, I find that at the burn stage I get 'Burn not supported', I have the latest version (5 De-Luxe),my operating system is Windows XP Home, I have Roxio6, and have burned DVDs with this successfully in the past.

Welcome to the group, Miles!

Check that your PTE is deluxe enabled. Open the program, click on 'Help\About Pictures To Exe'. The box should say 'Licensed to' (your name) and then 'Deluxe Edition'.

If the words 'Deluxe Edition' are not present, you have a problem with the Deluxe key file.

Colin

Miles,

I should add that I am trying to burn a using a standard CD-R discs

If you want to use CD-R discs ... you will need to make a VCD or SVCD and not a DVD video of your PTE show. Use your Roxio6 to burn it to the CD-R disc as Video Builder only does DVD discs.

... DVD+R, my re-writer will not recognise this disc as a disc.

You can use a DVD-R disc. If your DVD burner does not recognise DVD+R try updating your DVD burner Firmware ... find it at your mfgr site.

As a newcomer to the application, I find that at the burn stage I get 'Burn not supported', I have the latest version (5 De-Luxe),my operating system is Windows XP Home, I have Roxio6, and have burned DVDs with this successfully in the past.

Hi,

. Try the default DVD process and see if that working. I assume you have an acceptible burner attached. Possibly Roxio 6 is not compatible with P2E. I think that will solve your problems. Maybe you need to upgrade or update the drivers. jongru

Hi,

. Try the default DVD process and see if that working. I assume you have an acceptible burner attached. Possibly Roxio 6 is not compatible with P2E. I think that will solve your problems. Maybe you need to upgrade or update the drivers. jongru

Hi, I can confirm that the default burning system works OK, I have tried to drag the pte file into Roxio to no avail as Roxio will not recognise the pte file.

Miles.

Miles,

First, please supply a few basic details of what your trying to accomplish (VCD, SVCD,DVD, or Custom AVI ?) and with what disc media type your using (CDR Discs or DVD Disc ?).

...have burned DVDs with this successfully in the past

If you have burned DVDs in the past ... use that same DVD Disc type (since your burner does not recognise DVD+R Discs as you previously mentioned in your above post). Use Burn DVD-Video Disc button to open Video Builder.

I have tried to drag the pte file into Roxio to no avail as Roxio will not recognise the pte file.

You can not just drag a .pte into your Roxio ... you must first render it to a selected video format of your choosing ( VCD, SVCD, DVD, Custom AVI, etc). Use Create AVI File button and select your video output type from the available selections listed and click Create AVI button. Follow the instructions exactly ... PTE must remain open till burned to disc if using Roxio.

*Make sure your version of Roxio supports creation of VCD, SVCD, DVD before getting too involved in the process. Read Roxio instructions on proceedures to produce.