WnSoft Forums

Accessing pictures over a network

Davidh12

I am wanting to load pictures into Pictures to Exe V5 from my desktop computer unto my laptop over the network but I can't seem to access my network from the main screen. I can load a .pte file by going File/Open and my network and files are there.

But can seem to find no way of seeing the network on the main PTE window to load the pictures.

Any ideas other than first copying all the slides to my laptop?

David

David,

I use an external USB drive for images and other project files I want to share between the desktop and laptop computers. Then when I switch computers, I merely unplug one USB cable and plug in the other one. I gave the drive the same name in each system so that PTE will know where to find the project files in each.

Ken

Thanks for those links but don't have those problems. No problem accessing files over internet.

I can Load a .pte file and it plays well from either desk top or laptop if the files are on the other computer.

But in creating a slide show if the pictures are on the desktop I can't find a way to get at them from the laptop. (can do in photoshop) But PTE only seems to read local drives in this part of the software. (Main screen where you move pictures to the bottom) It won't let me search network/ workgroups/ computers. Yet as I said it will allow me to do that in loading a .pte file. If as Al suggested I disconnect the drive and attach it to the laptop then I can do it because it has become a local drive.

From what I read you seem to be able to do this? do you load pictures from the network when you first create a show?

David

Nobeefstu

Thanks for that and sorry Ken that was in one of the links.

Didn't think it would work but it does. I can now access my files on laptop from desktop(XP).

Brilliant!

NOW I just got to work out how you do the same operation in Vista (no tools) so I can load files from desktop.

Thanks Guys

David