WnSoft Forums

Expand "Background music for show" box or slider

When I went to review an old slide show I wasn't able to determine which music file was being used. In "Project Options" "Music" tab. It shows a list of music files in the box "Background music for show". Unfortunately there isn't enough horizontal space to completely view the file, even when the slider is moved to the far right.

The file is "C:\Users\KGL\Videos\Tintern Abbey resized\90 The Might of Rome.mp3" and I'm only able to see up to the word ".......Rom"

A second file with the same name, but with the extension ".wav" is in the same directory and I'm unable to tell which file I used in the slide show.

Perhaps you could make changes such as letting the slider move further to the right, expand the window, or let "mouse hover" view the entire name.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium at 1680 x 1050 pixels.

Ken

as a quick workaround

if you open the pte with a text editor you can see the music used in your show

example

opt_music1=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Templates\B9_CENT_GERMAIN_3_synced.pt\Travis - Here Comes The Sun (Flowers In the Window B-Side live Beatles covers).mp3

opt_music2=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Templates\B9_CENT_GERMAIN_3_synced.pt\Neil diamond and barbara streisand - you don't bring me flowers.mp3

opt_music3=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Templates\B9_CENT_GERMAIN_3_synced.pt\I Will Bring You Flowers In The Morning.mp3

in this case i opened a template that i had in this path

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Templates

Peter

peter.appleton3@ntlworld.com

had trouble finding this path as in vista it is a hidden file

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=46474

the ideal way to read the music would be to enable the hi light txt feature and ctrl+c command and paste it in notepad and save it in your show working folder

ken

When I went to review an old slide show I wasn't able to determine which music file was being used. In "Project Options" "Music" tab. It shows a list of music files in the box "Background music for show". Unfortunately there isn't enough horizontal space to completely view the file, even when the slider is moved to the far right.

The file is "C:\Users\KGL\Videos\Tintern Abbey resized\90 The Might of Rome.mp3" and I'm only able to see up to the word ".......Rom"

A second file with the same name, but with the extension ".wav" is in the same directory and I'm unable to tell which file I used in the slide show.

Perhaps you could make changes such as letting the slider move further to the right, expand the window, or let "mouse hover" view the entire name.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium at 1680 x 1050 pixels.

Ken

Ken I totally agree with you on this one, we shouldn't have to open files in other software to read a list which is only partly readable in PTE. This would be a fairly simple fix to enlarge the number of characters in the field then the slider would allow the reading of the right end of the file name/s I believe.