WnSoft Forums

Still glitch when more than one song?

Danabw

Did a show tonight that had two songs (MP3s) and between the first and second there is a brief snatch of sound that appears to be just a second or so of the first song playing again before the second song starts.

I remember this bug from before, but thought that it had been quashed.

Still exist for others as well?

I'm on PTE 4.01.

Dana

Dana,

Try adjusting the transitions for images near the point of the music transition, and see if that makes a difference (could be a tricky transition occurring at the same time as the music changing, especially one with not quite enough time before the next slide kicks in?) Try adding a little more time to the time on screen for those images, or if it's a non-synched show, try temporarily removing a few images.

That's correct.

However, if it persists, the best way to eliminate it is to combine the music selections into a single file with Audacity or Cool Edit 2000.

Hello Dana,

A few thoughts to pass around :

I not sure if this is happening now due to current installed/upgraded Windows Media Player users seem to have . Its possible the latest versions/upgraded XP Media Players are part of the issue ... have you changed/upgraded your XP Player after you thought this issue went away from your last multiple file tests ?

"I still use the 6.4 Player ... as I dont need all the gismos :P "

You may also want to check the mp3 file properties (kbps/mhz/tags) ... to see if they are vastly different. I believe maintaining the same properties is the best way to insure against possible issues using multiple files.

But again ... it could always (the usuall) be the Timing/Settings or Image Size. But you have been there and done that many times before as I recall :lol:

Question: Have you tried replacing the mp3 files with another different set ? It may just be something with that particular mp3 and not all mp3s used.