WnSoft Forums

Volume Slider - improved version

boxig

Hi all,

With some good help from nobeefstu, I uploaded a temporary improved version of "Volume Slider".

Window only 180 x 14 pixels (almost invisible) so user can keep it on screen corner.

Volume of slideshow can be fully controled manualy by moving the slider.

Three Hot Keys:

M = mute sound

R = restore last used volume (only if volume was changed)

V = volume to 50%

Full help inside (click the red button)

Please your comments

Granot

Granot you are truly a genious and a good friend to us all!

I have just downloaded and tested V1.2 and here are findings:

• 1. M (mute), R (restore) and V (goto 50%) hot keys work fine, even if I've clicked buttons in a show!
  • 2. The graphic reduction to Vol Mute during mute, with mouse-over recall is slick!
  • 3. We will of course all still keep one eye on volume slider :-) even though it now starts top-left of screen!
  • 4. Size of slider is now small enough to stay on screen with pictures
  • 5. Anyone with special mouse setting to automatically position cursor over default click action will notice capture by Volume Slider. This is OK during show, but I can't leave the volume slider active always as I would like to do because, for example, the system won't let me type this forum reply since mouse focus keeps jumping back to volume slider. Are you trying to tell me something Granot??? :-)
  • 6. One inconsistency found: When slider is started from show, volume jumps to 50% (I like that!) but when you exit it jumps to 70%. Could you make the volume slider exit volume be 50% to match initial value?

Thanks so much for this great job Granot. I know you are giving this away for free, but please tell me how to make a donation to your shareware fund - this is an every show feature!

By the way, for synchronized shows in which clickable buttons are disabled by P2E, users can still use Volume Slider by starting it prior to show through a .BAT file call to VolumeSlider.exe first and showfile.exe second, from Autorun.inf, or by one of many other methods.

And Granot does it again!

Now available, V1.3 has the following changes and improvements:

• Volume jumps to 50% when VolumeSlider.exe loads or exits, for consistency and for leaving sound unmuted.
  • For SYNCHRONIZED (or not) shows there is now a second utility version, VolumeSliderSync.exe.

Both .EXEs are included when you download VolumeSlider utility, #20. The "Sync" version does this:

• Looks for file Show.txt where you started VolumeSliderSync.exe utility.
  • Show.txt simply has the name of your synchronized or unsynchronized showfile.
  • Use for any show where you want volume control automatically started with show.
  • Autorun.inf (included with download) is coded to run VolumeSliderSync.exe utility.
  • When VolumeSliderSync.exe starts, it runs Show.txt listed showfile for you, hence sync show has the control.
  • For new shows and CDs you simply update Show.txt, not Autorun.inf

The show audio volume control is now ready for widespread use. Nice work Granot!

Download Granot's utility #20, Volume Slider